Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
60s Healson

On the large size but super cool.

D9AD93AB-7E45-474B-A167-12264EF83E7A.jpeg

Motocann

One Too Many
Having said all that since I’ve been looking for nice olive colored corduroys or twills under 250... I did find this brand Topo Designs. I’ve read good things about them for the price. Not the worlds best but also only 98 dollars. They have my size in stock, only thing I’m not sure of is the fit. They are slim straight which I wear but they are stretch. I don’t know if I’m alone but I dislike stretch fits for the most part. So anyone have any experience with them? I’m on the fence and literally split 50/50 on to do it or not. I also love and adore some chocolate duck chinos I found from Leftfield but sold out in my size on their site and at Franklin and Poe where I found them as well.

https://topodesigns.com/collections...ocket-pants-twill-mens?variant=32262135349301
View attachment 321799
Major brands getting carried away with the stretch fabrics? Cheaper to make? It seems that’s all Levi’s offers now...

As long as you enjoy wearing it, that’s what matters! Looks a little tight in the guns though.
Yeah the sleeves are trim and my arms aren’t. The leather is very accommodating though, I’ve sold off jackets with a larger sleeve diameter in heavier hides. These feel like a trim flannel by comparison.

dannyk

One Too Many
Major brands getting carried away with the stretch fabrics? Cheaper to make? It seems that’s all Levi’s offers now...
It seems that stretch is everywhere and I hate it. I like structure and true fit to my pants. Not to mention I’m a relatively small waisted guy so in most brands I’m a 28 or 30. But if they are stretch I have to size down and it’s impossible to size down after 28. Or some stop at 30 even. Drives me nuts.

Thanks brother! Yeah it’s my garage/man cave. Took me over a year to build it, no more building now, just ride my motorcycle and enjoy my leather jackets LOL!

Well, count me as very jealous. That is how it’s done.

So good. I never really liked this style. Then the LW came out and I moved a little closer to liking it. But seeing it on you, and next to your bike a few times now the light finally clicked. I get it now, and it’s awesome.

It really is the perfect riding jacket. Stuart advised I keep it snug to best appreciate the pattern. He was right. It disappears when riding. And I’m cozy inside my little leather cocoon.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
It really is the perfect riding jacket. Stuart advised I keep it snug to best appreciate the pattern. He was right. It disappears when riding. And I’m cozy inside my little leather cocoon.

It's these sweeping vertical seams on the front and back, they do something magical and give a roundess to both front and back panels that perfectly hugs the body.
I think Leathertogs really nailed it when they did that, it's one of the cleanest/most comfortable designs i have worn.
The LT/A is just as glorious, so is the LaBrea to be fair.
The fact that the seam on the back of the arm is french seamed rather than flat felled is also nice, it makes it much more comfortable when bending your arms.
If i ever wear a LT for a few days and then go back to a jacket with flat felled sleeves like the CHP or J-23 i instantly notice the thick seams rubbing on the back of my elbow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24