Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
These are from Grease Point Workwear. One man denim maker out of the Pacific Northwest. He's fantastic. When he says workwear, he really means it. The jeans come standard with double fronts for use for actual manual labor, but I opt to get rid of that because I'm clearly just wearing them for style.
The pacific workwear jeans on his site look good, I wNt some. The price is equal to ironheart, is the quality equal as well?
On another topic I looked at the motor boots you suggested an unfortunately they don't make my size, I believe the site said they made up to mens u.s. 9. Is that right? Or did I miss something. The boots look outstanding by the way

dannyk

One Too Many
New to me Levi’s Burgundy denim. Ain’t super thick or perfect stitching but I loved the color. New Brixton Joe Strummer Collection “Know Your Rights” hat.

With my Red Wing Blacksmiths in Black Prairie leather. A matching Black Prairie belt. Pure Blue Japan 14oz denim....About to go out bed/mattress shopping and it’s raining. So threw on my old USN mechanics jacket. Don’t really know what year but picked it up at the local Army/Navy Surplus and spoke to the owner a bit. It’s a generic mechanics jacket that the Navy supplied in the 80s and 90s. Similar ones were also used in the Canadian Navy.
33B87ED5-0155-4838-8342-9F8FACC4293E.jpeg
B50B7B81-0884-49D5-9E7D-DE1729B4D6EC.jpeg
0617C098-7C14-4528-9F17-4E62D1EB75B5.jpeg
C2396E1E-3B50-4F6F-827A-8FDD25BCCA06.jpeg

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
@Monitor, as promised here are the fit pics.
It's weird, i have gotten more remarks about that vest than any of my leather jackets.
Everybody i know calls it a "strong look" (whatever than means) and my GF hates it more than anythign else.
I really like wearing it inside, it's like a leather jacket but you don't have to worry about arm dexterity and sleeves being in the way. Thanks a lot for that one, i look forward to wearing it when the weather gets warmer. (My GF doesn't)

RZhnmB9.jpg

Q3084PH.jpg

@Mrfrown we are vest bros!

@Monitor, as promised here are the fit pics.
It's weird, i have gotten more remarks about that vest than any of my leather jackets.
Everybody i know calls it a "strong look" (whatever than means) and my GF hates it more than anythign else.
I really like wearing it inside, it's like a leather jacket but you don't have to worry about arm dexterity and sleeves being in the way. Thanks a lot for that one, i look forward to wearing it when the weather gets warmer. (My GF doesn't)

RZhnmB9.jpg

Q3084PH.jpg

@Mrfrown we are vest bros!

You can say that again; This thing brought me more (positive) comments than all of my jackets combined. Strange indeed but people seemed to have really liked it but then again, how could they not. I'm really happy you like it and yeah, the arm openings were completely covering my shoulders whereas it fits you just as it should - And it's a size 40!

I'm surprised to hear she doesn't like it, it's a very good looking item on it's own. Not aggressively leather vest and it looks like a part of anything with sleeves you wear it over.

Either case, I'm glad it's where it is suppose to be!

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I like olive, and that particular olive is awesome. It really caught my eye.

I’m at their website now. How does sizing compare to the more common stuff, say Levi’s 501? I’m looking at the 14oz work trouser, which I assume is what you wear. Cheers.

His stuff is not as vanity sized as those brands. His size 31 has a 32" waist for example which means that most people with a 31" waist would actually buy a size 31.

This made me LOL a little bit. My first job after college was on a pipe gang with the City of Chicago, as part of the labor union. I dug out around valves, hydrant flanges, pipe joints etc after the equipment operator dug the hole, prepping it for the plumber. All separate unions, of course (1001, 150and 130). It was insanely dirty and hard work. I would’ve never considered doing that job in a $300 pair of pants.

I mean, I'm not using them for work either, that's why I got rid of some of the "work" features. That said, I have a friend who works construction in raw denim, some pairs even with cotton constructional thread. The aging on his stuff is amazing.

Freewheelers Mulholland (aka Spartan Leather Sportswear)

View attachment 322053

Wow! I know I'm obviously biased, but this is my favorite jacket on you of all time. It fits incredibly well IMO. How do you like it?

The pacific workwear jeans on his site look good, I wNt some. The price is equal to ironheart, is the quality equal as well?
On another topic I looked at the motor boots you suggested an unfortunately they don't make my size, I believe the site said they made up to mens u.s. 9. Is that right? Or did I miss something. The boots look outstanding by the way

It's better than Iron Heart. Nicer construction quality in my experience and the details are more thought out as well. Motor makes up to size 9h usually which equates to US 10.5. I am a size 10.5 on a brannock and fit into their 9h/9.5. However, with some of their newer releases they will be going up to US size 12.

More Grease Point love - Freewheelers Caboose, modified Optimo Manhattan, and Clinch engineers:
gwrOOBV.jpg

PeBcfMW.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider