Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
That is a very nice fit. I've owned several versions including the Aero and none of them worked for me. I also have an Original, but too small for wearing. Something in the length, I was just too short. Your jacket looks great. I missed the back shot? Interior?

Sears first showed the backs of jackets in 1935 catalog. The Original Hercules shows up in the 1936 catalog. First Half-Belt leather in the Sears catalog.

View attachment 346335

Thanks!

I was pretty apprehensive about the fit and - alas - got it wrong the first time around. I will do more photos in the coming weeks; if the weather continues like this, there will be plenty of opportunity to wear anything from (i) nothing at all to (ii) a foul weather jacket.

Interior is Olive Cotton Drill. Together with olive contrast stitching, I borrowed this as a design-idea from @Ton312`s original Blue-PHWM.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
well ain't that the truth for most of us here! That's great to know, looks like you received a wonderful batch of the leather. I hope it's as fragrant as I'm imagining it to be

Yes, a common feature of leatherjacket-syndrom in these parts! I overindulged for sure. I need to wear/enjoy them rather than just buying them!
The hide is superb. What you call "fragrant" is indeed a very intense aroma, that is loved by 50% of the crew of my houselhold and utterly despised by the other half. :D

Gamma68

One Too Many
1970s Kehoe steerhide CR in chocolate brown. One of my favorites. Really nice leather on this under-the-radar brand.

IMG_8633.jpg
IMG_8641.jpg
IMG_8645.jpg

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
Yes, a common feature of leatherjacket-syndrom in these parts! I overindulged for sure. I need to wear/enjoy them rather than just buying them!
The hide is superb. What you call "fragrant" is indeed a very intense aroma, that is loved by 50% of the crew of my houselhold and utterly despised by the other half. :D
Can't wait to see what jacket you acquire next! Maybe a cross zip!

That's it! I know right it's so strong in a good way. Man, I miss that smell. The Badalassi just permeates and spreads that fragrance/aroma (atleast to me) like no other hide that I've handled.

Aero Midnight Blue CXL Cafe Racer

View attachment 346525

Did not know you have this lol this looks so good though! Love the color and the fit

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Wait, what? I like this a lot. Please do tell more details. Thanks
Semi-vintage Polo Ralph Lauren:) Great leather and great pattern

Man, that is perfect. The color, the fit, the style. It’s so good that I’d get a weird itch to lock it in a safe instead of wearing it.
Thanks a lot, man. This style was missing from my stable and had all the quirky details I like like military style epaulets, wriststraps, two functioning handwarmer pockets and that quirky coin pocket.

Nice! Who's the maker of this one? I don't recognize that unusual lower pocket layout on your left side.
Thanks a lot. As mentioned it's an old Polo Ralph Lauren.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner