Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The nicest jacket I've seen you wear Nick. I'd be interested in hearing how the nylon fabric compares to the alpha.

Completely different jacket. The Buzz feels much lighter, and soft. It kind of drapes rather than stays rigid like the Alphas do. Obviously nicer in every way. The Alphas are warmer, so I think the Buzz can be worn more year-round. Apples and oranges, but I like a little variety in my orchard, as the Alpha seems to be a little warmer. I like both.
But the Buzz is just a more thought-out design and nothing about it says cheap. The material of the L-2 jackets is a different blend than the later L-2As, MA-1s, etc. The jacket has a nice smell too! Eerily not too short either. Hangs about 1.5 below the belt. My jeans were down to my a double snakes in that pic.

I got lucky. I ordered a 40 expecting it to fit like my Alpha B-15 (24" pit-pit!) which I was fine with in order to grab that extra inch of length, but it feels trimmer. If one wants a trim fit they can size down, but this ended up working out perfectly. I could even do a 42 and that would have worked too, but the 40 seems perfect. Fitted, but with the extra room I always like.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Check this thing out. Early Birthday gift from my Pops. Alpha leather MA-1 marked down to $140 he picked up for me at an airport shop. Idk if it's lamb or cow (some third party websites describe it as cow) but this thing kind of has an A-1 vibe going for it! The diamond pattern on the MA-1 windflap is reminiscent of the elbow quilting on those "G-8" jackets! I love it, beater of not! Leather aside, it oddly has 100% wool knits. Something you don't see from cheaper jackets. I put my Spruce Goose medallion on this one. It's a better match I think.

Last edited:

dan_t

Practically Family
Only slightly insane weather here in Sydney.
It's the middle of summer and we had a 41 degree C day on Thursday. This was followed by Friday starting at 15 degrees C, bucketing it down (raining heavily) & not really getting much above 18 throughout the day.
At the very least it gave me a chance to get this beast out for a try.....

Aero heavy steerhide collared café racer (Sheene) - excuse the very crappy iphone pic;
IMG_1520_zpsad0go7hr.jpg

Last edited:

Hux

New in Town
Since it's raining in San Francisco today, I'm wearing the one of the few pieces of actual vintage wear I own. It's a double breasted khaki trench coat I inherited from my grandfather. We don't know when he got it, but the earliest picture we have of it is from about 1971, so it was bought either that year or a few years earlier. Got a black fedora on with it to keep the rain off my glasses.

When one of my buddies say me he asked how many Raymond Chandler novels I had on my person. I replied all seven.

CBI

One Too Many
Nick - looking good. Are you at Planes of Fame? I remember watching them polishing that F-86 back in June.

Is that the Bell X-1 model behind you? That was sitting out on a pallet in the parking lot with its wings off also in June.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nick - looking good. Are you at Planes of Fame? I remember watching them polishing that F-86 back in June.

Is that the Bell X-1 model behind you? That was sitting out on a pallet in the parking lot with its wings off also in June.

Yessir! Amazing place. One time is not enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn