Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Well, a deer sideswiped my bike and I flew about 50 feet. Nothing I could do. I made eye contact as it tried to jump past me as I was swerving. The deer ended up under my bike mangled. RIP. About a year old buck. My LW J23 hardly has a scratch. I’m a true believer now. It’s crazy. I’ve got bruises on my body but the jacket looks the same lol. Damn deer. My bike is probably totaled though. LW hides all the way if ya ride folks.
Sorry to hear this, I hope you bounce back from the scrapes and bruises quickly!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Lots of dead deer everywhere and my partner at work also hit a deer yesterday. In his car.

I think the bike may be salvageable. The bike is running like a top. Forks look good. Need new crash bars, handlebars, front fender for sure. I think the rest is good. Fingers crossed. About to do a virtual inspection.
Gotta make sure the frame is true.

King B

A-List Customer
Aero Highwayman Front Quarter House Hide
Screenshot_20211101-170756_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211101-170808_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211101-170839_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211101-170824_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20211101-170853_Gallery.jpg

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Well, a deer sideswiped my bike and I flew about 50 feet. Nothing I could do. I made eye contact as it tried to jump past me as I was swerving. The deer ended up under my bike mangled. RIP. About a year old buck. My LW J23 hardly has a scratch. I’m a true believer now. It’s crazy. I’ve got bruises on my body but the jacket looks the same lol. Damn deer. My bike is probably totaled though. LW hides all the way if ya ride folks.
Holy crap! You gonna be sore for a few days. Deers are no joke. Force is mass times acceleration. They usually do a lot of more damage to the motorists and their vehicles. I've seen accidents where half ton pick up trucks gets blown over to its sides from medium sized bucks. Glad you walked away ok.

marker2037

Practically Family
Stepped out this morning wearing an original vintage 1941 Aero Leather Clothing Co. contract 21996 A-2 flight jacket with Buzz Rickson's Original Spec Olive Drab Chino's.
I’m all about earthtones… Olive drabs, khaki and leathery browns… But you risk looking like you’re trying to cosplay Indiana Jones when you throw on a leather jacket!

View attachment 374279 View attachment 374280 View attachment 374281 View attachment 374282

and gods forbid I wear a fedora:p (see what I mean :/ )
View attachment 374283

Who cares what people think? You look great. If I walk outside in my crosszip 95% of the public wonders where my motorcycle is so it's the same scenario.

Truly need to see more of this leather around here. I've never once been disappointed in it.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hey J. I call dibs on the boy’s jacket for Willow. I almost bid on it but she’s too small. Maybe we can keep it going around the Lounge family forever.
B
Duly noted, held for you and Willow. Absolutely want to keep it in the family.

These older Vanson jackets, they managed to get the fit right better than anyone, I swear. Companies that delicately go after this silhouette struggle even today.
I was a little self conscious at first with a cross zip since prior to I had more conservative styles - half belt, CR, etc. But I tell you what, I probably reach for this jacket 75% of the time because it's just so darn comfortable and the mobility is unparalleled.

As a Mid-Westerner it's pretty much a matter of when, not if, you'll hit a deer. Almost like a rite of passage. Glad to hear to you're safe aside from some bumps and bruises and that the LW held up more than admirably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner