Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The forecast said it was going to be the last chilly day for awhile. So I thought I'd preview my fall suit before I took it to the dry cleaners and stored it away for the summer.
DSCN1742 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
1960s Woolrich heavy woolens
DSCN1743 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
1940-50s Sears Wearmaster Boots, 1950s-60s Resistol Norm Thompson Shikari Beaver Hat
DSCN1748 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1753 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Turns out it's about the right amount of clothes, for the morning at least. I'm wishing I had put on the wool shirt while I'm out taking my photos here.

Have a good one,
Michael
Another perfect ensemble!

Mysteryo

One Too Many
HimelBros Chevalier, Shinki HH.

yoyo chevalier himel.jpg

regius

G&B russet horse?
Wow, I do hope GB looks like this, it's actually my Vanson, from the 90s, a discontinued model. If the GB has the same pattern, I'll buy one right now. From my recollection, my GB Mark 43 was quite boxy in the body and in the arms, although their sales girl told me it should be exactly the same as their civil A2. I have a 38R civil A2 of GB and it's the best fitted A2 I've had, so I do hope a 38 Mark43/31 turn out to be the same.

ProteinNerd

Bison Winter Hero... I wonder if I'll ever own one...

I saw one about 2 blocks from my place about 2-3 years ago....I couldn't believe it.

Unfortunately it was at least 2 sizes too big for the guy and it looked terrible. It kind of killed my enthusiasm for ever trying to track one down.

Last time I did check, they still went for a bomb IF you could find one, even though the movie is 12 years old!!!

I saw one about 2 blocks from my place about 2-3 years ago....I couldn't believe it.

Unfortunately it was at least 2 sizes too big for the guy and it looked terrible. It kind of killed my enthusiasm for ever trying to track one down.

Last time I did check, they still went for a bomb IF you could find one, even though the movie is 12 years old!!!

I've pretty much given up on this jacket at some point until I saw it in on a tourist from London, also some 3 or so years ago. It was a summer version and the color was all off (beige & darker beige) but I spotted it from the other side of the street. It looked amazing! I asked him about it and he was really happy I recognized it and we talked about the jacket for a while but his group had to move on. Anyway, I dunno about the bison but that summer one I saw looked really good. But it's really lightweight, Though. Paper thin. Made me wonder how much heavier the winter version really is? But I'd still love to have one. I even wanted to ask JL if they could make one... There's plenty of ref. around so it should be doable.

And yeah, they still go for a lot! They were so popular at one point that some people even got scammed.

You know what happened with filmjackets.com store? I think Rick even somehow got his hands on the original pattern of the movie jacket which would've made it even nicer than the Belstaff one. And the one they were doing was looking pretty cool.

casechopper

Levi's Commuter Jacket
I'm a sass hoopy dude now so a towel is a must.

“A towel, [The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy] says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-boggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.”

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

(the towel is for an absurd accessories challenge on another forum).
F4HnbZ6h.jpg
U2pJGATh.jpg
HXU2VZJh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner