Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Levi's Type 1 Banner Jacket

PDnVQtRh.jpg
MEqgJUlh.jpg
O9FqWH7h.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday afternoon I decided on a bicycle ride. The deerskin wasn't going to cut it at 39 degrees with wind, so Cooper came to the rescue,
DSCN2375 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2373 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Today I'm trying to talk myself up for a ride in the impending rain. Gap wool will be the underlayer to some Helly Hansen raingear,
DSCN2416 crop 2 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2417 crop 2 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN2420 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Hope everyone is having a fine Friday,
Michael

Technonut

Practically Family
Thanks for the likes and kind words all... :) The cap is my 10 year old newsboy made by the Hat People out of Oregon... Excellent quality caps for certain: http://www.hatpeople.com/tourshop/catalogue/cat.html

Here's some pics showing the jacket's grain starting to 'pop' already.... After some serious wear, I think it's going to look outstanding. :cool: I've had this type of cowhide before, and it should develop a nice, burnished look over time as well:

DSCF0255_zpsc2q4buly.jpg

DSCF0258_zps1nercenn.jpg

DSCF0252_zpsflhks31a.jpg

DSCF0256_zps3dk6lip9.jpg

Thanks for the likes and kind words all... :) The cap is my 10 year old newsboy made by the Hat People out of Oregon... Excellent quality caps for certain: http://www.hatpeople.com/tourshop/catalogue/cat.html

Here's some pics showing the jacket's grain starting to 'pop' already.... After some serious wear, I think it's going to look outstanding. :cool: I've had this type of cowhide before, and it should develop a nice, burnished look over time as well:

DSCF0255_zpsc2q4buly.jpg

DSCF0258_zps1nercenn.jpg

DSCF0252_zpsflhks31a.jpg

DSCF0256_zps3dk6lip9.jpg
That color is sublime...I really like that a lot.

Mark

Practically Family
None....What the heck is a ground hog?
image1%209_zpsgvw3rkkz.jpg

Helping a friend on a land clearing job. Just finished dressin' up the slash/burn pile. Old Luke came out to inspect my work and sniff around for moles and ground hogs.

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Ground hog... Woodchuck.... furry, fat mammals that dig holes in your field. Think Beaver without the flat tale. They live in holes the perfect size for a horse to break a leg or a vintage tractor to bust an axle. Fat, slow and generally useless, they will kill a garden or a field of crops with equal glee and thoroughness... Flea Bearin' Varmints! According to Sir Yosemite of Sam....

Worf

barnabus

One Too Many
You might remember another thread I did bemoaning my inability to buy a waxed trucker-style jacket. Well, I still haven't bought one, but I have taken casechopper's advice from that thread and bought a regular canvas trucker-style jacket - which I will at some point wax myself.

It's only a cheapo high-street one, in khaki cotton canvas. And I have been wearing it today (and yesterday).

652143243f46fb600c72bb71a351e653.jpg

As you can see, it's not a true type III style, but it's nice enough for what I wanted and the fit is alright. I'll wear it for the next three or four months or so of (hopefully!) decent weather, and then ruin it by waxing it myself come the autumn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari