Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

dublinprem

A-List Customer
Was the perfect weather to wear four corners

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-09 at 19.57.56.jpeg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Not sure why varsity jackets get no love around here, but this cheapo one from Cockpit gets its use on errands. They said it was horsehide when they were blowing them out at 1/3 retail a few years back, which is why I bit. Horsehide or not, the bonus is that it has some "teacore" thing going, lol. Very comfortable for grocery shopping.

P1080870crop.jpg

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Not sure why varsity jackets get no love around here, but this cheapo one from Cockpit gets its use on errands. They said it was horsehide when they were blowing them out at 1/3 retail a few years back, which is why I bit. Horsehide or not, the bonus is that it has some "teacore" thing going, lol. Very comfortable for grocery shopping.

View attachment 463519

I am with you. Timeless cool! Used to have a very, very cheap polyester version with - umm - plastic arms when I was a teen. Loved it!

I guess it’s the (mis) conception that every jacket with knitted cuffs makes you look old and unfit. Your picture proves the contrary.

TLW '90

Practically Family
It warmed up a bit this afternoon, and this OG-108 wool field shirt was waiting for me at the post office when I got home from the Cal AG museum ( lots of cool old tractors from my area ) so I decided to give it a try as a light jacket since it's a little bigger than I'd want it as a shirt.
20221109_132028.jpg

Over a Henley a flannel and wool vest, this is going to be a great light / intermediate option.
The other one just might be a perfect option to wear working in the yard.

This old CASE here was used in my town in the 1930's.
20221109_112115.jpg

TLW '90

Practically Family
I'm still figuring out the OG-108 field shirt, but it works well over the USMC commando sweater.
I'm a big fan of layering for warmth without sacrificing comfort and arm mobility, and this wool field shirt is just another practical / versatile layer.
20221109_135431.jpg

I can wear it as a shirt if I want to, but it doesn't work well tucked in for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21