Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Leatherbirdsoul

One of the Regulars
Lost Worlds
0D324AB3-5774-451E-876A-4CBBC1FDB028.jpeg

Leigh H

Practically Family
You've made me try wearing a denim jacket under a leather jacket a few times recently but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do it. Jean jacket gets so squished & stuffed underneath that the whole combo becomes unbearable uncomfortable for me. How do you do it??

@Monitor you just need a slim fitted denim jacket, i have a few that work under my jackets, but then some are too baggy in the arms and don't work.

also depends on the fit of the outer jacket too, slim fitted jacket wont work.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
@Tom71 , was there a real possibility that your friends jacket would be damaged by the rain? or do you think he like many others believe you shouldn't get a leather jacket wet?

Last edited:

Motocann

One Too Many
@Monitor you just need a slim fitted denim jacket, i have a few that work under my jackets, but then some are too baggy in the arms and don't work.

also depends on the fit of the outer jacket too, slim fitted jacket wont work.
Great point, always like your posts.

I myself spent many years searching high and low for "old school" "slim fit" denim jackets. Levi's in particular got crazy off track for many years, only making huge oversized denim jackets. In the 80's -90's it was nearly impossible to find decent fitting denim here in the states. At some point Levi's, realized the Japanese manufacturers were beating them, they came back around.

Obvisously, this one is a "modified" Type III, hence the hand warmer pockets. Which does make the body of the jacket slightly more bulky.

slimtruck.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
You've made me try wearing a denim jacket under a leather jacket a few times recently but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do it. Jean jacket gets so squished & stuffed underneath that the whole combo becomes unbearable uncomfortable for me. How do you do it??
try the trick to dress up action figure, put the denim jacket inside the leather jacket first smooth out the sleeve from snagging and wrinkles, then wear them together

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
@Tom71 , was there a real possibility that your friends jacket would be damaged by the rain? or do you think he like many others believe you shouldn't get a leather jacket wet?

I believe it will change. Kind of get wavy, shrug off the „Brandnew“. It appears very delicate. As for „smart“ closing I get the notion that things should look pristine. Just a different concept , I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy