Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Some village.

332068702-724601792622497-2595247890441198392-n.jpg

Mr.Leong

Familiar Face
Whoever made the RMC J-24 must have created this jacket with a very specific body type in mind: long torso, small chest, narrow shoulder and long arms. It’s still so uncomfortable to wear after dropping 10 pounds of fat.
AAF805E8-C9E4-4E1C-B0E9-3E618BDD02F0.jpeg

Attachments

• F49A95BF-96EF-4EC1-9E26-E7F757D7CD7F.jpeg
    F49A95BF-96EF-4EC1-9E26-E7F757D7CD7F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:

mumpy

A-List Customer
Just as a comparison with my Freewheelers N1, the stitching on the Pike Bros is superb. Actually, the stitching on the Freewheelers is crap (super wavy, can post pictures if people are interested).

The Freewheelers does have a more trim fit and feels more premium due to the alpaca. Overall the pike bros fit is more boxy and closer to vintage. I like both for different reasons.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Just as a comparison with my Freewheelers N1, the stitching on the Pike Bros is superb. Actually, the stitching on the Freewheelers is crap (super wavy, can post pictures if people are interested).

The Freewheelers does have a more trim fit and feels more premium due to the alpaca. Overall the pike bros fit is more boxy and closer to vintage. I like both for different reasons.
Weird thing about Freewheelers is that their stitching on their leather jackets is absolutely gorgeous and some of the very best while the stitching on their wool, cotton, etc jackets is mediocre at best. Obviously they're not made in the same place, but it's still a pretty stark contrast. That said, they still do better eith materials than anyone else I've experienced with all their jackets, including fabric ones.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Whoever made the RMC J-24 must have created this jacket with a very specific body type in mind: long torso, small chest, narrow shoulder and long arms. It’s still so uncomfortable to wear after dropping 10 pounds of fat.
View attachment 491669
I have 3 RMC jackets and the leather seems to be different for each,, even though they are all teacore. By far, the nicest for me is the JH1. More oily but not in an overly shiny kind of way, beautiful grain, very nice drape. Very easy to wear even though it's the tightest of specs because the leather is forgiving. Also I think the underarm football helps.

The J100 and J24L seemed very similar at first, but now I notice the J100 getting a little bit more "gooey" in a good way. The J24L is still a piece of card board LOL. The J100 is super tight in the upper arms and even forearms. And I'm no Popeye. I cannot wear with anything but short sleeve tshirt.

The J24L is "comfortable" in a fit kind of way because the action back allows for that movement. But it still feels like I'm wearing a suit of armor mostly because of the leather.

I bought all 3 used but I'm fairly certain all were worn very lightly. So I've put on maybe 20 good wears for each. Still a long way to go in the evolution. I've heard from many people it takes about a year on the J24/L. Not sure if that's a year of hard wearing or what a lot of us do around here with cycling in way too many jackets. So we'll see. Not giving up yet.

mumpy

A-List Customer
Weird thing about Freewheelers is that their stitching on their leather jackets is absolutely gorgeous and some of the very best while the stitching on their wool, cotton, etc jackets is mediocre at best. Obviously they're not made in the same place, but it's still a pretty stark contrast. That said, they still do better eith materials than anyone else I've experienced with all their jackets, including fabric ones.
Agreed! Materials are great.

Chris_K

One of the Regulars
View attachment 491669
I think this looks great on you here man, however, would it not be worth trying the new (21) version? It seems literally identical to the original model after comparing the measurements with a vintage one, more generous and a cooler pattern IMO.

Chris_K

One of the Regulars
Misjudged the temperature this morning, a collar pop saved the day...

View attachment 491601
So good man, that's the new RMC model isn't it? The new pattern turned what was a cool jacket into a classic for me. An actual reproduction true to the original. You can clearly see the inspiration Buco originally took from early military flight jackets with this version, which I love. Hope to get my hands on one when finances permit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner