Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Wrote a review of the Studio D Suvin Gold sweat recently, so I took a few pics. It's so damn comfy.
Jacket is my RMC Red Silk A2

5nAB8ZS.jpg

lXdDMP3.jpg
Love your style dude. Although much of it is out of my price range.
Can you actually zip that up? Doesn't look like it. But I bet as usual, you can pull it off.
Cheers. :)

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Love your style dude. Although much of it is out of my price range.
Can you actually zip that up? Doesn't look like it. But I bet as usual, you can pull it off.
Cheers. :)
I can quite easily with just a t shirt or a button down shirt. I have yet to try to with the sweatshirt on simply because I would die of heatstroke in the socal winter if I did that :p
It is certainly a trim fit, but that's how I like my leather jackets, Thanks for the kind words :)

Perfect fit on that one, @Superfluous !

Poul

Familiar Face
Guys. I have question for you which company do you recommend. Zippers there are some quality?

bobm

A-List Customer
There's no age to look badass in a cafe racer ! Here when i was 45.

View attachment 96042 View attachment 96043
Order Number: 16692661

Great photos Dr. M!

BTW, my "too old" comment was facetious and an outgrown of the "negative comments" thread, which contains a video wherein a purported fashion expert proclaims cafe racers inappropriate for older men -- whatever!

I'm going to add my 2 cents to not specifically to that video, as I don't pretend to be a fashion expert or an arbiter of what people should wear, but just my observations in general. To me, actual model handsomeness ala Dr M and some others aside, is that the fact of the matter is that a taller, thinner/athletic person will have an easier go at styles and more often than not look better than someone shorter and/or heavier (and I say this from experience being 64 years old and 5' 6" and currently 195 lbs). I can't change my height, but I am sure doing something about my weight. Extra weight (and I'm not talking obese here) can be carried much better by average/taller men. IMHO, nothing makes a shorter guy (especially if you are heavier - even if it's mostly muscle) look shorter, than to wear shirts and jackets that are too tight fitting, unless it's wearing clothes too large or baggy. Quality of the clothing aside, it's body/clothing proportion, not necessarily age, that makes a huge difference in making it work.

Some years ago, I bought this really well made herringbone sports jacket as it was a steal on closeout. It fit me well in shoulders and chest and I thought it looked pretty nice. That is until I saw some pictures of me wearing it and that jacket was simply was too long for my height and made me look shorter. (I just went to the tailor yesterday to get it shortened.)

Regarding age and the "cafe racer", while it is more of a younger man's style, I don't see it as something an older guy wouldn't look good in - if he's of the right build. I'm sorry, that jacket is made to be snug and a guy with a beer belly simply would not be dong himself a favor wearing it, no matter what age or height. Which is not to say that some clothes in general are just better suited to a younger person. I guess an example might be high top sneakers - most any young man can carry it off, someone older, well maybe but not so easily.

Again, not a dig at all, just my 2 cents - and we all know how far 2 cents goes these days......

Last edited:

bobm

A-List Customer
A little Woolrich here today too.
DSCN6984 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN6986 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And Filson bibs. I was considering Woolrich buffalo check for the shirt, but thought it might all add up to overkill when I get out on the bicycle in a couple of minutes.

Have a good Sunday,
Michael

Nice jacket - that's the Classic Woolrich Hunting Jacket that been around forever and ever. My dad had one - the real deal, made in the USA. Unfortunately, when he passed on, my mom gave it to one of his friends. I liked it so much, I bought the newer issue from Orvis a couple of months ago. I really did wish that that particulate jacket - being the icon it was, would still be made in the USA.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 96224
That's a great looking Eastman M-422a @s4rmark
Reminds me of my own Eastman that I wore for quite afew years before sadly outgrowing it. Must put a new one on my Christmas list!
Thor, I envy you for your opportunity to wear such a nice jacket as part of your daily uniform. Isn't it getting a bit too cold out on the harbor this time of year for leather, though?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket - that's the Classic Woolrich Hunting Jacket that been around forever and ever. My dad had one - the real deal, made in the USA. Unfortunately, when he passed on, my mom gave it to one of his friends. I liked it so much, I bought the newer issue from Orvis a couple of months ago. I really did wish that that particulate jacket - being the icon it was, would still be made in the USA.
It is a classic for sure. I have the matching pants to go with it. That Filson packer you have is pretty much a classic too. Wish I could find one of those in my budget range.

I did find a new jacket today while I was out. Can anyone identify it for me? The lining has been replaced and I have not found any tags of any sort.
DSCN6999 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7004 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
That is as I found it. Stiff like cardboard. I put some Lexol onto it and it has softened up some. It weighs in at 1.68 kg, 3.7 lbs.
DSCN7035 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7036 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7034 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN7038 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Any info or guesses you can hazard will be appreciated. Many more photos on my flickr page if you click on one of the photos I posted the ether should take you there.

Thanks,
Michael

thor

Call Me a Cab
Thor, I envy you for your opportunity to wear such a nice jacket as part of your daily uniform. Isn't it getting a bit too cold out on the harbor this time of year for leather, though?
Hi @tropicalbob; yes that was a photo from about 2 years ago but as a matter of fact it was taken during the winter time. Funny thing, we get lots of “winter” here in NYC where it’s perfect leather-weather and I squeeze in as many days as I can wearing a leather jacket! July or January, if it’s humanly possible to wear a leather jacket, I do it! :D

It is a classic for sure. I have the matching pants to go with it. That Filson packer you have is pretty much a classic too. Wish I could find one of those in my budget range.

I did find a new jacket today while I was out. Can anyone identify it for me? The lining has been replaced and I have not found any tags of any sort.
That is as I found it. Stiff like cardboard. I put some Lexol onto it and it has softened up some. It weighs in at 1.68 kg, 3.7 lbs.
Any info or guesses you can hazard will be appreciated. Many more photos on my flickr page if you click on one of the photos I posted the ether should take you there.

Thanks,
Michael
Oh man I don't know what it is but I LIKE it! Beautiful pick up!!

Thanks,
Michael

That's just super cool! I love it!

bobm

A-List Customer

Thanks,
Michael

My dad had the pants too, just don't know what the heck happened to them. But if they were her, not something I think I would wear walking around NYC or Montclair NJ in, but would be about the best ting to wear while walking in the woods, come wintertime.

Gamma68

One Too Many

Thanks,
Michael

That's a damn nice jacket. Well done! It looks pretty well taken care of (even if it needs conditioning). And someone invested in it with that newer lining. Wish I could identify a maker for you.

I also wish I could find one like that at the thrifts. The racks in my area are filled with mall-brand junk.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Oh man I don't know what it is but I LIKE it! Beautiful pick up!!
Thanks Ton. I'm still trying to figure out the what and when it is part myself.

That's just super cool! I love it!
Glad to hear you like it Mon. It is pretty cool and is softening up nicely now. The fit doesn't seem too bad, if a bit large in the hip area and also suffers from my perennial problem of over square shoulders on my part causing a wrinkle below the collar and the collar riding too high and loose. Oh well.

Thanks all,
Michael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner