Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Anj-4 today. Giving it a proper break in on the 1st full day of ownership. Here are some initial musings. I researched the jacket here on the forums. Two quotes Really stood out for me:
1. It is a proper piece of kit (i like when you brits call stuff kit)
2. The collar is like draping a whole lamb over your shoulder
Both are correct. The jacket easily stands on it's own. This coat is purpose built. Literally meant to survive a war. The collar is big. Real big. In fact, i was moving away from the idea of the Anj-4 in favor of a b-6 for this reason. Then i found this one in my neighborhood for sale with a try it on option. Here's the thing, i can't see how big the collar is when i'm wearing it so it doesn't bother me. There is a member here (forget the name) who has awesome posts on his insta in his anj. The guy looks like a bouncer in the toughest rock club in the world. He relishes the big collar. Pops it up with a what are you lookin at sneer. I dunno. I can't pull that off, but i like it.
Fit-n-movement: really surprisingly pleasent . The jacket is stiff as mentioned, but the shoulders allow plenty of arm movement. I could easily spend a day outside moving around in it. The tough part is bending at the elbows. If i had to scratch my nose 5 times in a minute i'd need a nap. This makes it so driving a car is harder than shoveling snow. Anyhow, i like it. Just wish i'd gotten it earlier in the season. Warm weather is a month away (fingers crossed, i like the jacket but hate the cold...thats why i bought the jacket).

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
728a12ebfb7fa276aaa855a95ead80ea.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
What is this? Maker...model? Looks great! Perfect fit!

Brian
Thanks. Lost worlds Anj-4. I'd take another 1/2" on sleeve and overall length but thta's admittedly a bit ocd. Obviously real military issue couldn't be picky. I just tend to be a bit long in the arms and torso relative to my chest circumference.

triple-d

A-List Customer
Thanks. Lost worlds Anj-4. I'd take another 1/2" on sleeve and overall length but thta's admittedly a bit ocd. Obviously real military issue couldn't be picky. I just tend to be a bit long in the arms and torso relative to my chest circumference.
Looking good to me ....grats !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner