Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Vanson T3
qHWZK8Mh.jpg
PgGe0i7h.jpg

That is my Favorite. You should be the poster boy for that jacket. That little shirt collar just tears it up. did it come stock with those leather Pulls? that was made for you.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is my Favorite. You should be the poster boy for that jacket. That little shirt collar just tears it up. did it come stock with those leather Pulls? that was made for you.

I bought it second hand from another lounger. I would guess the leather pulls came with it originally as the color matches exactly.

BobJ

Practically Family
Did the extra button hole serve a function historically? Button on a towel, or to hold a tool on a string with a button?
The pocket watch, chain and fob were always worn on the waistcoat (vest), which had pockets designed for them, never on the coat. The extra buttonhole on the coat was for a monocle or pince-nez chain or cord. I have no idea what it would be doing on a work coat like this, though... maybe earbud wires :p.

Monocle.jpg

02339336265115.56063d2c63de8.jpg

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Did the extra button hole serve a function historically? Button on a towel, or to hold a tool on a string with a button?
Yes as already mentioned it was for a watch chain. Wristwatches were considered as luxury items in the early 20th century & would also be easily damaged doing manual work & so working clothing often had options to carry pocketwatches, which were more pratical. Today of course it is just a token feature much like the little 5th pocket (inside the right front pocket) in jeans which was also originally to carry a pocketwatch when waistcoats went out of fashion..

^Looking great there, buddy. Jacket is a cracker and those surroundings are incredible. Wish I rode a motorcycle.
Thank you, Mendel! Model B is a great jacket indeed, but you already know that. :)

It's this sort of thing that makes it all worth it. Motorcycle road trip. It's just fun. And this is the perfect time to do it, although I was freezing on the way back. But summers are too hot... Why don't you give it a try??

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Just got back from a motorcycle trip. It was fun! Two photos from one of many fun places I've been to.

Thanks for posting some beautiful scenery - I love old abandoned structures - they remind me of ghosts in a way. Very nice way of integrating yourself into the picture as an observer. Of course the jacket is the real star!

Thanks for posting some beautiful scenery - I love old abandoned structures - they remind me of ghosts in a way. Very nice way of integrating yourself into the picture as an observer. Of course the jacket is the real star!

Thank you! :) I wasn't really posing or anything; my friend was taking a bunch of photos of this structure (it used to be a torpedo factory!) so I just posted these two as the jacket is somewhat visible. The first one is nice, though. I was staring at the gargantuan cargo ship disappearing into the misty sea when this was taken. Took it half an hour to vanish from sight. I was mesmerized... Those wooden structures on the top of the plant, let's just say I wouldn't want to be anywhere near 'em at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21