Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I’m among a group of retired guys who meet for coffee at B-Bop’s Cafe most weekday mornings. One of our “members” is now taking ukulele lessons and, today, he brought his uke to show us what he’s learned. After rocking through a rendition of “Tiny Bubbles” he handed the uke to me. I play guitar, but until today, I had never tried my hand at a ukulele. And yes, Mildred, the frets are much closer together than those on my HD-28. I learned pretty quickly that soprano ukuleles are definitely instruments for people with tiny hands. They probably sell well in Washington, DC.

I’m wearing my 1986 Orchard G-1. It’s one of my favorite jackets, but it sure didn’t make me play any better.

CAB61C2A-D628-4B86-87BD-BA7DB6FB4D6F.jpeg

AF

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Cold and windy morning here so I went with an overcoat
3-8-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
An old Harris Tweed, over a Harris jacket. Warmed up some this afternoon so for squirrel skinning duty I got into the Montgomery Ward unit
DSCN9063 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9064 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9065 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9067 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9069 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9072 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It worked very well, so I think I'll designate it as my official rodent butchering jacket.

Have a good one,
Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Cold and windy morning here so I went with an overcoat
3-8-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
An old Harris Tweed, over a Harris jacket. Warmed up some this afternoon so for squirrel skinning duty I got into the Montgomery Ward unit
DSCN9063 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9064 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9065 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9067 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9069 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN9072 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
It worked very well, so I think I'll designate it as my official rodent butchering jacket.

Have a good one,
Michael

My favorites. The black jacket and hat are the best.

Hh121

Banned
Quick question, which lining is relatively warmer between cotton drill and regurla light tartan wool in Aero? Today I wear my highwayman(light tartan wool lining) with only a t shirt underneath,it didn't bother me at 40 degree.

MET

A-List Customer
Quick question, which lining is relatively warmer between cotton drill and regurla light tartan wool in Aero? Today I wear my highwayman(light tartan wool lining) with only a t shirt underneath,it didn't bother me at 40 degree.

As far as I know there is nothing warmer between them. But there are a lot warmer than both.

A-1

One Too Many
Alright last week it was -5°C and a windchill of -12°C
Not normal for the south of France...
The B3 was a welcome addition.
This week, we had some nice weather, enough to wear my Kensington.

cbe1ae65cf5e9ef7aef63dcc9ef3c413.jpg

This looks great!
I was wondering, doesn’t the Himel Shinki evolve creases on the sleeves? It’s just that when I look at SF‘s our your jacket, they look like new all the time. So I’m actually wondering if he uses a different batch.

While I can understand people to desire their leather jackets to look new (it must be hard to not bend your arms though), for me a worn look is what makes a leather jacket look great! And those sleeve creases are maybe my favorite part of this worn look.

This looks great!
I was wondering, doesn’t the Himel Shinki evolve creases on the sleeves? It’s just that when I look at SF‘s our your jacket, they look like new all the time. So I’m actually wondering if he uses a different batch.

Isn't your jacket made from Shinki as well?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
This looks great!

While I can understand people to desire their leather jackets to look new (it must be hard to not bend your arms though), for me a worn look is what makes a leather jacket look great! And those sleeve creases are maybe my favorite part of this worn look.

Don't worry I'm not walking around like a stick or a zombie [emoji1]
This is pigmented HH, I think most Himel owner choose wax HH and this is the big difference about creases when you look at other Himel jackets.

@Monitor DD's Shinki crease more easily than this one, this isn't the same finish.

The jacket has plenty of character even without crazy creases.
39c31b5e3179d6a1de17610496abbb2b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto