Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

OldStrummer

Practically Family
I've been waiting a few days to post this. Today I'm rockin' my new Aero A-2 and my Mallory Eagle (posted also in the "What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?" thread. :p
DSCN0879.jpeg
DSCN0886.jpeg

Thuggee

Practically Family
Watches were my addiction before leather jackets. And now that my interest for jackets is fading, I find myself looking for watches again. I'm mostly into vintage stuff, in particular old Omegas (you know, from when they still made nice dress watches, not those oversized chavvy status symbols), but I also own a number of more recent Seikos, great fan of their Cocktail Dress Watches and I also own a few of their diver models. With my 7.5" wrists I am mostly into <41mm stuff though.

I just realised the Orca isn’t even a Seiko I think I’m getting forgetful with old age, my watch collecting got out of control somewhat when I hit 40 watches I switched to jacket collecting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

sola fide

One of the Regulars
half belt.JPG
me 38.JPG
label.JPG
sitting.JPG
OK, couple of years ago I posted buying horsehide from UK, most said it was too large. I traded jacket for 1933 LVC Jeans and kept looking. I found a jacket on ebay, but happened to be sold out of Saratoga Ca not far from where I live so I drove to try it on. The jacket fit like a glove and now it's mine. The label says Montgomery Ward Horsehide. The jacket is a half belt with a button on each side of the belt. Any idea what year this jacket is? I tend to mix old and new: Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic, Stacy Adams, Original Open Road, Persol, Pendleton, Gruen Veri-Thin and reproduction Levis. My 38 is real though.

me 38.JPG
label.JPG
sitting.JPG

Last edited:

Logician

One of the Regulars
I just ordered a LW Test last month, same color, with brass hardware. I should receive it before Easter. I already have a black one. May I ask which lining did you pick? I chose the Brown Duck Canvas.
Terry asked that I post some pictures of my LW HH Test (black). So I complied and took a quick one. Others will follow in a couple of days. Sorry for the bad picture! I draw your attention to the dark brown lining (top) which is kind of peculiar (I've asked for a black one). But otherwise, I like the Test a lot. I got it last September and never had the chance to wear it since. Spring is coming soon... I hope! Waiting for a brown one in the next few weeks...
LW HH TEST_Bk.jpg

Hh121

Banned
Terry asked that I post some pictures of my LW HH Test (black). So I complied and took a quick one. Others will follow in a couple of days. Sorry for the bad picture! I draw your attention to the dark brown lining (top) which is kind of peculiar (I've asked for a black one). But otherwise, I like the Test a lot. I got it last September and never had the chance to wear it since. Spring is coming soon... I hope! Waiting for a brown one in the next few weeks... View attachment 110097

We'd love to see the fit picture!!

OK, couple of years ago I posted buying horsehide from UK, most said it was too large. I traded jacket for 1933 LVC Jeans and kept looking. I found a jacket on ebay, but happened to be sold out of Saratoga Ca not far from where I live so I drove to try it on. The jacket fit like a glove and now it's mine. The label says Montgomery Ward Horsehide. The jacket is a half belt with a button on each side of the belt. Any idea what year this jacket is? I tend to mix old and new: Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic, Stacy Adams, Original Open Road, Persol, Pendleton, Gruen Veri-Thin and reproduction Levis. My 38 is real though.

View attachment 110094 View attachment 110095 View attachment 110096
Love it man. Great photogaphs!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 110094 View attachment 110095 View attachment 110096
That jacket looks nice on you. I think of that label as late 40s. I seen different variations of this made in California label from Montgomery Wards. Other stores like Sears, with their Hercules labels use palm trees and talk about California. This is going into the 50s. There was a big interest in all things California, plus many jacket makers in California. California sportswear company was also very big throughout the country.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

A-1

One Too Many
That's one of my all-time favorite jackets. I couldn't help noticing in all the photos how much the colors blended in with the environment. If you stood on your head you'd disappear entirely.

Much obliged Bob! For me it is also some kind of holy grail, considering I became part of this forum to find an A-1, thus my user name.
I’m really happy to have found this wool version as I think it’s more beautiful than the all leather version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21