Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Diamond Dave Buco Repro

NhKJif3h.jpg
0OCyXadh.jpg
mhUaoqch.jpg
4vPIcIHh.jpg
which engineers are those?? nice!

ProteinNerd

I have to know- How does the ELMC compare to the other top end Cafe Racers????

I plan to do a review when I get some time and I’ll compare it to the other CR I have/had.

Quality wise it’s easily as good as the best we see here imo, the main difference is in the leather and fit.

For the same tag size (and pretty similar shoulder and chest sizes) it’s quite a bit slimmer and “tailored” than the Aero BR/Buco through the torso.

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

And while your at it, how does the Californian compare to Aero half belts?

Again the quality of the Californian is as good (if not more consistent stitching) than some of the Aeros I’ve had but honestly they are both great quality and to say one is categorically better quality wise is doing a disservice to both imo. Go for whichever ticks the most boxes for you and you can’t go wrong.

The main difference is again a lighter leather. I find the fit definitely more suited to an athletic shape, shoulders are a bit wider (especially compared to an Aero premier fit jacket. No need to have the jacket made slimmer through the body.

The obvious drawback is no customisation but if you fit the ELMC shape and you want a lighter weight jacket, and like the styling ....I’d probably recommend this over an Aero!

I know it’s getting a bit monotonous but ELMC Californian again today.....do you think I’m liking the ELMCs atm?

27512875cf1d885781d56f6fe381cec9.jpg

Powerband

Practically Family
In my quest for the heaviest leather on the planet I forgot how nice a lighter weight option can be. This 30's HB is like wearing a vintage Brooks CR. I'm at a crossroads in my jacket journey...as much as I love CXL the Vicenza is really putting up a strong argument. My account has not been hijacked.
View attachment 117474

I have two Vicenza and I’m afraid it ain’t stopping there.

That jacket looks excellent on you!

[emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again the quality of the Californian is as good (if not more consistent stitching) than some of the Aeros I’ve had but honestly they are both great quality and to say one is categorically better quality wise is doing a disservice to both imo. Go for whichever ticks the most boxes for you and you can’t go wrong.

The main difference is again a lighter leather. I find the fit definitely more suited to an athletic shape, shoulders are a bit wider (especially compared to an Aero premier fit jacket. No need to have the jacket made slimmer through the body.

The obvious drawback is no customisation but if you fit the ELMC shape and you want a lighter weight jacket, and like the styling ....I’d probably recommend this over an Aero!

I know it’s getting a bit monotonous but ELMC Californian again today.....do you think I’m liking the ELMCs atm?

27512875cf1d885781d56f6fe381cec9.jpg
You and Fonzie are making a strong case for these! Looks great man. Would love to read a full review with lots of pics and details.

hondurasdave47

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner