Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

After spending some time with the RL crosszip...I'm defying the TFL effect this time. Keeping a jacket that's good enough for now. I will have the waist tapered to improve the fit.
IMG_2439.JPG

IMG_2437.JPG

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
LOL...Don't candy coat it...tell me how you really feel!
Ton, may I say straight?
You deserve better jackets... O'k, O'k, O'k - a better jacket (if you're so defying the TFL effect this time really))... which every of your recent Aero's was... all your recent Aero's were superb... fantastic... fabulous... gorgeous... but not this RL, sorry... esp. in direct comparison with your Aero's.

Last edited:

willyto

One Too Many
My problem is I hold everything against Aero. They are my gold standard. Few jackets can bear that terrible burden and most get the boot! Ironically I don't own a single Aero right now. And that's a problem.

What? Did you really sell your customs Bootlegger? The last one that was a perfect fit?

After spending some time with the RL crosszip...I'm defying the TFL effect this time. Keeping a jacket that's good enough for now. I will have the waist tapered to improve the fit.

I like RL jackets and they do amazing reproductions but in my opinion if you can layer a whole hoodie sweatshirt under it and still fits roomy it's not worth keeping and altering it because that means it's not your size. Put your money into something that fits from the start.

Also tighten those cuff straps! :D

Also finally getting around to wear it daily!

teMWfW7.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 146341
View attachment 146342
Ton:
It’s different. I like it. It has alot of subtle details that aren’t in your face. And then there’s the leather that looks awful nice to me.
Bowen

Ton, may I say straight?
You deserve better jackets... O'k, O'k, O'k - a better jacket (if you're so defying the TFL effect this time really))... which every of your recent Aero's was... all your recent Aero's were superb... fantastic... fabulous... gorgeous... but not this RL, sorry... esp. in direct comparison with your Aero's.
I agree but really the two aren't comparable...Aero @ $1.2K and this at just over $100. No doubt the Aero is FAR superior BUT it's also worth exaactly 1/2 the purchase price once the box it's shipped in has hit your door. Which is a burden I'm tired of bearing...

Lebowski

I agree but really the two aren't comparable...Aero @ $1.2K and this at just over $100. No doubt the Aero is FAR superior BUT it's also worth exaactly 1/2 the purchase price once the box it's shipped in has hit your door. Which is a burden I'm tired of bearing...

You guys don't know! Imagine Ton never had that first absolutely perfect Aero, then the second and the third, then the JL and another JL and then a couple of more Aeros and the LW now and all those other perfectly fitting jackets in between. You'd all be "Perfect fit, man!". Because it does fit great! I mean, it actually fits more like a leather jacket than the others 'cause, you know, the whole protective shell thing you wear over other clothes. Like a hoodie. To keep you warm. Don't need to be skintight all the time.

So I say it's a really great looking jacket that fits really well. Not Hollywood blockbuster movie poster good but. . .

Lebowski

Ton, you DESERVE the best jacket! It might be the only one - in case you prefer to reduce the amount of jackets you've owned. But it should be the best jacket ever! Not this RL, sorry...That's what I mean, Sir.

dannyk

One Too Many
I’ve been saying this for awhile @ton312 I feel we’re in the same page. Now I’m tired of full custom looks and then being ocd as we all with our jackets and finding the smallest flaw. Coming on TFL here and seeing some new leather or style and doing it all over again. I’ve decided I’m fine with used or off the rack or mixing up styles and trying whatever. way lesss cost involve and way less stressing over every detail.

I’ve been saying this for awhile @ton312 I feel we’re in the same page. Now I’m tired of full custom looks and then being ocd as we all with our jackets and finding the smallest flaw. Coming on TFL here and seeing some new leather or style and doing it all over again. I’ve decided I’m fine with used or off the rack or mixing up styles and trying whatever. way lesss cost involve and way less stressing over every detail.

Seconded. With my last CR, which was a pure perfection I might add, I forgot to mention that I wanted the kidney panel to be curved and it was bothering the hell out of me. I mean, there's gotta be some kind of diagnosis for that. I'm not going thru that again. No way. OTR, all kinds of fit as long as I dig the jacket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner