Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

seres

A-List Customer
Cardboard is VERY abrasive. I've seen cardboard boxes wear through the paint, down to the primer, in the unprotected bed of a pickup truck. All in slightly over a week.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I carried 10 lbs box with R and R to post office this morning, when I came back I found the topcoat on edge of my sleeve has been wore out! It must be the package I was carrying, very upset with the quality of the leather, the "no compromise" concept seems like a big baloney!
a1e006d4bafc404524f321dc347e9e73.jpg
708914dcc218c6dcab5014c9e67a2743.jpg

Jesus. Not good. I have carried heavy cardboard archive boxes (amongst others) for years while wearing leather. That never happened to me. The top coat must be fairly weak. Is the leather actually worn too?

Hh121

Banned
Jesus. Not good. I have carried heavy cardboard archive boxes (amongst others) for years while wearing leather. That never happened to me. The top coat must be fairly weak. Is the leather actually worn too?

Leather is in new condition. I am starting to doubt the quality of Vanson.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 146890 Greetings All:
Went with the Steer again today. Time to get serious breaking this thing down.
Be well. Bowen

I'm not gonna lie, I was fairly annoyed when you "snatched" this away from me right in front of my eyes.. but let me tell you, now that I see it on you, the jacket went to the right place! It looks better on you than it ever would have on me! Awesome piece and great outfit all together!

I carried 10 lbs box with R and R to post office this morning, when I came back I found the topcoat on edge of my sleeve has been wore out! It must be the package I was carrying, very upset with the quality of the leather, the "no compromise" concept seems like a big baloney!
a1e006d4bafc404524f321dc347e9e73.jpg
708914dcc218c6dcab5014c9e67a2743.jpg

What @seres said - Cardboard, specifically the edges, can do this in couple of seconds. Happened to me, too. I work with boxes a lot and I never wear any of my jackets anywhere close to cardboard as it'll scratch through the top coat in an instant. If it was a heavy box and if the corner was rubbing on the sleeve, I can totally see this happening.

I'm not gonna lie, I was fairly annoyed when you "snatched" this away from me right in front of my eyes.. but let me tell you, now that I see it on you, the jacket went to the right place! It looks better on you than it ever would have on me! Awesome piece and great outfit all together!
LOL....That makes two of us! But I agree...it went to the right man!

Hh121

Banned
That's a Vanson..?? Let me assure you that after all the Vansons I have owned over the years that is not their usual quality. However, I believe someone said that they had changed their steerhide. That is, indeed, unacceptable.
HD

Yes, this is actually their old competition weight leather, serial number start from 79, I don't even bother Vanson to complain, I wore my model B and US Authentic a2 many times with box carried on, nothing happend.

Yes, this is actually their old competition weight leather, serial number start from 79, I don't even bother Vanson to complain, I wore my model B and US Authentic a2 many times with box carried on, nothing happend.

All my Vanson jackets have been their older competition weight steer. I've put many miles on a MC wearing them and also for street wear. They've all handled normal abuse well. This must be a one of defect or indeed some cardboard might be that abrasive.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yesterday, I proposed that @tmitchell59 and his Ralphs-Pugh don the cover of the TFL holiday card (an honor greater than the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition). That was before I saw the above photo of @Dav and his Eastman. IMHO, Terry and Dav should share the cover. Stellar jacket and look Dav!!!

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi buddy the boots are Viberg Engineers

https://viberg.com/products/engineer-brown-chromexcel

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh my god. I knew it!! Please please do a review and more photos. So, I own a pair of their 2005 last engineers in the work boot line, beefy black leather and beefy sole, but it’s the most ERGONOMIC engineers I’ve had, despite the huge presence. Easy to walk in, balanced, no slip. I assume the fashion version should feel the same. I also own a pair of their horsebutt engineer not sure of the last, but the same as their Chelsea’s, a bit narrow but also comfortable. I want a pair of the horween 2005, but I think you need insert to fill up the instep space? Will the toe collapse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday, I proposed that @tmitchell59 and his Ralphs-Pugh don the cover of the TFL holiday card (an honor greater than the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition). That was before I saw the above photo of @Dav and his Eastman. IMHO, Terry and Dav should share the cover. Stellar jacket and look Dav!!!

Thank you for this Honor. Here is full Santa look, sorry no swimsuit!

HO! HO! HO!

Happy Holidays

cUMTUsa-nWSs8GC3xv-zgNcawbP0rIlr8OU8G0tz6pJO8P9yxWQi0DRyTB2SRovLXxSpx26HADRIeSW3vPESBdHf9hHKZn_CWT1vkSn7pgRxEPL5cu--Cw_eM9ZcXKH5NpfsX3MC8WjzK290rOlPuo0LlcVaQ6Bb_D9GOGcWexQMh6D4tH3M2uHlY_uL64Z1bEuVgjCXbI1kjSXNphLBsdx6WSQYiG9FtG2jaWMSShX_B8RL8lssrNJGohoteGUe18zvDxO8-4X4XQauprYbGKz6Zb8ILb6Yj4MRsggst-oyiQtZctKxqfglXlJxsA7gDD0WcK3Ehc-kB6Eu6t1uZN-g3XZ4yCdSgKWyrWOp_hX259jvxgrqOXwO9ht69uo8LHJbU5m_M8jumbRfMzUBJGsrgCUdv1kHdYbPLkaQ9AA9GkhESUUFznWHolBT2fSixQ9HfJEya0o2xzhSOZdROkVf1GFNTVGdzMTQZ6nTEIBIxqn622V8ZjbaXWy8z8YxXE8w38N4bgFCtaZFry3iNVW65IybXsU2AwWFQNeNmLBKoSwm1Icc6wGyASC24w_bMG-HLSMpsNAjxhzRg3t4pRQKaUTppeveHvL1pyovScWHRtM_fxwhpQV40CnuHo7IkBXaXsjWjU1rhdEkg_g-2AJRkg=w963-h639-no

Bigbenbs

A-List Customer

Perhaps there could also be an action shot of you pumping your elbows in the corner of a cocktail party ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo