Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jeo

One Too Many
This deserves its own thread! Very nice [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I eventually intend to make a thread reviewing this jacket, I just don’t have a good enough camera/setup to do it justice. And my gf will not indulge my narcissism because she’s kinda fed up with my jackets. Every time a get a new one she gives me a death stare and then reluctantly asks how much hahaha!

But it will be done at some point.

patrick_b

One of the Regulars
I'm confused af - how do you see the kidney panel??? XD

@Superfluous saw some different pics I posted at styleforum (or he's clairvoyant).

Looks fine length wise ;) what leather is that? Blackened brown Vicenza? (Several Aero Leathers qualify as black fqhh)

Thanks.

I assumed it's just standard black CXL FQHH. I bought it via ebay so I'm not 100% sure.

patrick_b

One of the Regulars
Yeah, i was wondering if you thought it was too long.?.
Cafe racer style is short by design. Your’s looks good for casual use. On a bike prob too long without 2 way zip.

Actually I wondered if it was too short. It looked OK to me but feels different. Never had a jacket this short. I'm new to leather jackets, my other being an ELMC Californian. It's about the same length but this FQHH is so much heavier, it just feels odd to me. I'm used to longer outerwear in general, i.e., Barbour (International, Bedale) in waxed cotton or a Pea Coat in the winter.

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually I wondered if it was too short. It looked OK to me but feels different. Never had a jacket this short. I'm new to leather jackets, my other being an ELMC Californian. It's about the same length but this FQHH is so much heavier, it just feels odd to me. I'm used to longer outerwear in general, i.e., Barbour (International, Bedale) in waxed cotton or a Pea Coat in the winter.

Thanks for the feedback.
The length is good. It’s right in the meaty part of the curve. Could be longer or a bit shorter and still look good.

barnabus

One Too Many
I've picked up this new cross zip. It's nothing special, a budget motorcycling brand, but I wanted to try something: I've deliberately sized up so that I can fit a thick sweater under this one, as well as the full complement of riding armour, and still have a bit of room to manoeuvre.

My Richa Daytona is lovely, but with all the armour in its just too snug over a sweater - which makes it less practical for fouler weather.

So before you jump in and say it looks a bit roomy, that's on purpose. And there's no armour fitted in these pictures.

All that aside, it's a pretty nice jacket for little outlay. Full grain Cowhide, which feels lovely and soft. The style is a more British-flavoured Lewis-esque design, rather than a Perfecto copy. I especially like the little zipped pocket on the forearm.

b6346e70d647969a77382c7495809154.jpg
686ff7019ffe7ab1a65f57aa484f053b.jpg

SimonR

One of the Regulars
I've picked up this new cross zip. It's nothing special, a budget motorcycling brand, but I wanted to try something: I've deliberately sized up so that I can fit a thick sweater under this one, as well as the full complement of riding armour, and still have a bit of room to manoeuvre.

My Richa Daytona is lovely, but with all the armour in its just too snug over a sweater - which makes it less practical for fouler weather.

So before you jump in and say it looks a bit roomy, that's on purpose. And there's no armour fitted in these pictures.

All that aside, it's a pretty nice jacket for little outlay. Full grain Cowhide, which feels lovely and soft. The style is a more British-flavoured Lewis-esque design, rather than a Perfecto copy. I especially like the little zipped pocket on the forearm.

I like the no waist belt ... I can't be doing with them on bike jackets (I have a Vanson Enfield) ... you just need a nice Lewis Leathers jumper to go with it :)
http://www.lewisleathers.com/productinfo.html?code=LLjumper

It looks great to me! The jacket is nice too, it's a straight on LL copy but I don't see it as being roomy at all. Fits you just right.

bobm

A-List Customer
Seeking some feedback RE: length. Jacket, Aero Blue Label CR in black FQHH is new to me and fits a bit snugger than my other jackets but I'm a few lbs heavier than normal right now so I'm not too worried. Just wondering about length. Any thoughts?

View attachment 152598
View attachment 152599

Very nice jacket and the length seems fine to me, but since it is a CR can go a little shorter and still look good, or a little longer for more coverage. My concern would be how it fits in the chest when zippered up - as you mention, but that can be taken care of with a bit of dieting if needed.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up

If I were wealthy i’d buy 2 of all the jackets i like. One in t-shirt under size and one in heavy sweater under size.

patrick_b

One of the Regulars
Very nice jacket and the length seems fine to me, but since it is a CR can go a little shorter and still look good, or a little longer for more coverage. My concern would be how it fits in the chest when zippered up - as you mention, but that can be taken care of with a bit of dieting if needed.

Thanks, I appreciate your input. You are right about when it's zipped. It's not the chest that's tight, it's my winter gut that's the problem :(. I can zip it just fine but with an extra 8-10 lbs on me, it's snug in the midsection. Some minor changes in eating habits can make a big change. Time to stop eating so crappy while traveling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner