Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

My girlfriend calls this the "deranged woodsman" look.
It feels great in the freezing cold though, nothing beats a grizzly!

hcqaOaF.jpg

It actually somehow looks even better on this photo! Not that it ever didn't, just that it noticeably is improving.

I've always been wondering if the fur on the outside of the jacket would have any effect on the cold! Interesting to hear it does though it makes sense as that's how animals roll.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
It actually somehow looks even better on this photo! Not that it ever didn't, just that it noticeably is improving.

I've always been wondering if the fur on the outside of the jacket would have any effect on the cold! Interesting to hear it does though it makes sense as that's how animals roll.

Yeah, seeing this picture i thought the same thing, it definitely looks much better.
The sleeves are a lot less tubey... Here it is 3 months apart:

IptfihY.jpg

hcqaOaF.jpg

Warmth wise it is very nice. I actually prefer it to wearing sheepskin fleece in.
I am always too hot when i wear regular sheepskin, i find it impossible to do anything in.

This is a different beast, it still has that sheepskin "cocoon effect", where you feel like you are wrapped in a warm thick blanket, but without the overbearing heat. I think that it regulates heat better/breathes better with the fleece out. It's also very good in the rain, a lot of water gets trapped in the fur, but it doesn't actually go through, and even when wet it is still warm.
I really love this jacket and wonder why it disappeared from fashion like that, it is really cool to wear.

Also, if anyone is wondering you do get weird looks from time to time, and i have been called "rustic looking" by a stranger whilst wearing it.

Last edited:
Yeah, seeing this picture i thought the same thing, it definitely looks much better.
The sleeves are a lot less tubey... Here it is 3 months apart:

IptfihY.jpg

hcqaOaF.jpg

Warmth wise it is very nice. I actually prefer it to wearing sheepskin fleece in.
I am always too hot when i wear regular sheepskin, i find it impossible to do anything in.

This is a different beast, it still has that sheepskin "cocoon effect", where you feel like you are wearing a warm thick blanket, but without the overbearing heat. It's also very good in the rain, a lot of water gets trapped in the fur, but it doesn't actually go through, and even when wet it is still warm.
I really love this jacket and wonder why it disappeared from fashion like that, it is really cool to wear.

Also, if anyone is wondering you do get weird looks from time to time, and i have been called "rustic looking" by a stranger whilst wearing it.

Hm, I see what you mean by a cocoon effect. And how it deals with rain (or snow) is something I've been wondering about too, since sheepskin jackets are notorious for catching water or snow flakes wherever the fleece is exposed. Which happens to be the collar. Worst place for that to happen.

I think mass production phased it out with time. I'm guessing a lot more work would go into building a jacket like this. I've seen very similar styles worn by women, lately, though. Nothing nearly as nice as this, mostly faux fur and possibly PVC leather but they seem to have been rediscovered.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Hm, I see what you mean by a cocoon effect. And how it deals with rain (or snow) is something I've been wondering about too, since sheepskin jackets are notorious for catching water or snow flakes wherever the fleece is exposed. Which happens to be the collar. Worst place for that to happen.

I think mass production phased it out with time. I'm guessing a lot more work would go into building a jacket like this. I've seen women's versions lately, though. Nothing nearly as nice as this, mostly faux fur and possibly leather but they seem to have been rediscovered.

I have been caught in a few downpours whilst wearing it, no snow yet.
Water literally gets trapped in suspension within the fur. After a few minutes you can actually squeegee it of with your hand and you wouldn't believe the quantity of water that was coming out of it, the fur was soaked, but it never made it through to the lining, and i never got cold. Yes the collar was wet, but even that didn't really feel cold on the skin.
This jacket really has been very comfortable to wear in most winter situations. Much more so than a regular leather jacket.
The only real problem is that it gets a bit stinky when wet, but the smell goes away when dry.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wore this out today. The storm of 6-10" of snow is starting early in the morning with blowing wind, so I probably won't be going out for a few days... View attachment 152666

Been out of the picture for a few weeks, school holidays here and been busy with the kids. Came back today to see the Thedi and yep, it looks great on you HD. Congratulations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo