Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Just came in the mail....so technically I am wearing it "tonight" :)

IMG_3688.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I lied when i said in my very first posts on TFL that my HBD was my very first jacket, because I was embarased. I bought this LL Bean in 1990, and wore the heck out of it. Zipper finally broke so I started down the rabbit hole of real A-1s and the rest is history as in all my money is gone. LL Bean was kind enough to put in a brand ew YKK zipper for free. It was about 62 degrees F. when I went to work today and the old jacket was great. nice and light. I think there is some nice grain and patina for an old goat. Just like me.

View attachment 91643

View attachment 91644

View attachment 91645
Looks great and great fit Jonesy. Wish mine had a fit and look that good.

The new Thedi looks amazing too.

Michael

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
More Thedi. I really like it. I think the sleeves will be ok, unless I keep posting them. Now one would notice accept the TFL Jacket obsessed.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Just came in the mail....so technically I am wearing it "tonight" :)

OK, tell us about it. Is it custom? what is the model, its got to be an Aero. Vicenza dark seal
Come on brag a little about that bad a><ss jacket you just got. it is awesome! I'm sure most of the folks can just look at it and know exactly what it is. I'm still learning.

IMG_3688.jpg

BobJ

Practically Family
The main danger in having too many leather jackets is that one is tempted to wear them all. I believe that the only way to end up with a great leather jacket...one like your old LL Bean A-2...is to buy it new and wear the heck out of it. And to properly “wear the heck” out of your jacket, you’ve got to develop a relationship with it that isn’t unlike the one you have with your wife. You’ve gotta be committed to it. Totally. Which means you can’t be sneaking around wearing the heck out of other jackets...even if they’re yours. Though the temptation might be great.

AF

Atticus -

First of all, I like your post, I agree with it, and I am trying my darndest to live up to it.

Second of all, here is a song that embodies your signature. If you are not familiar with it, pay attention to the lyrics. Also, watch Joe's AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL guitar work, and body language, at the 3:45 minute mark:

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
So brag on it a little and describe it?

Well, it is beautiful (IMO). It is a brown Aero Highwayman in CXL FQHH (not Vicenza). It has a looser cut and longer sleeves than my previous two Aeros (cafe racer and Sheene). It smells heavenly and it is in virtually new condition, although I picked it up in the “used” section of Aero’s website. I’ll post break in pictures as it happens to show the transformation.

Best regards,
Jason

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Atticus -

First of all, I like your post, I agree with it, and I am trying my darndest to live up to it.

Second of all, here is a song that embodies your signature. If you are not familiar with it, pay attention to the lyrics. Also, watch Joe's AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL guitar work, and body language, at the 3:45 minute mark:

Thoroughly enjoyed that! Thank you! As you know, Strange Fruit is an old Billie Holiday tune. What makes the song especially poignant is that Holiday wrote it during a time when lynchings were still occurring...especially in the South. As to my signature, it’s actually part of a line from The Killer Angels, by Michael Shaara. I first read that book in undergraduate school, back in the middle 1970s. When I saw that particular line, I remember thinking how well it summed up Southern Culture. It was such a very few words...but it cut to the heart of our conflicted existence better than any words I’d ever heard before. I still think that.

The entire quote:

Heat and Spanish moss. Strange hot land of courtly manners and sudden violence, elegance and anger. A curious mixture: the white-columned houses high on the green hills, the shacks down in the dark valleys. Land of black and white, no grays. The South was a well-bred, well-mannered, highly educated man challenging you to a duel.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails