Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

A-1

One Too Many
Who you gonna call?
21b82748e8dbbbb3537adda0b89bda53.jpg

158c044259646835e7ebfeddc5d72241.jpg

Trust the Kids

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
It’s not that hard for me as I just have two jackets, and I’m selling the other one. I agree with the sentiment that one love is undivided love. Two is shared. I wanna see this one jacket get old with me. Not two or more staying almost new. But I prefer old stuff, clothes that look like they have seen and endured things. That’s why I love the thread of old school cool leather jackets. I would love to see more leather jackets being used and abused here. Haha.

I believe it might be harder for me if I were you as your closet is packed with beautiful and great fitting examples. I really love the Flat Head and the brown ELMC jacket. Well, I think the ELMC is my personal favourite.

When I started my quest for THE ONE leather jacket, the plan was to have a well-made, durable jacket that goes through thick and thin with me. This forum, amongst other things, opened a rabbit-hole and I came off my path. Now I’m back on it... haha, I hope.
Ready to bore you with the same old-same old every day.

Trust the Kids
that is amazing commitment A-1
but having 2 is not bad either, as leather also need to rest when it's wet from rain or sweat, it would double the lifespan of the jacket if you have at least 2 if you wear them daily.

A-1

One Too Many
that is amazing commitment A-1
but having 2 is not bad either, as leather also need to rest when it's wet from rain or sweat, it would double the lifespan of the jacket if you have at least 2 if you wear them daily.

The DD has seen a lot of rain (on a daily basis, this is Northern Germany) and I would just always wear it on and on. No issues at all.

Trust the Kids

Woodyear

Familiar Face
That fit looks absolutely perfect to me! The tunneling is looking incredible as well.

I think what you’re referring to when you say tunneling is more properly called “creasing”. “Tunneling” is a different phenomenon all together, on sleeves with wool knits such as the A2, when the leaher portion of the sleeve is too long it causes the wool knit to invert into a sort of tunnel into the leather portion of the sleeve. I only mention it for clarity’s sake and because I’ve noticed you inadvertently use it out of context before.

A-1

One Too Many
That fit looks absolutely perfect to me! The tunneling is looking incredible as well.

Judging from the pics, I couldn’t agree more.
But the pics can’t tell if you are comfortable in it. That feeling can be very subjective (Nick and Tony are two good examples for completely different feel-good fits, and both always look great!).

Trust the Kids

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I think what you’re referring to when you say tunneling is more properly called “creasing”. “Tunneling” is a different phenomenon all together, on sleeves with wool knits such as the A2, when the leaher portion of the sleeve is too long it causes the wool knit to invert into a sort of tunnel into the leather portion of the sleeve. I only mention it for clarity’s sake and because I’ve noticed you inadvertently use it out of context before.
Thanks! Now I'm wondering where I got it from. I appreciate the correction as I hate being wrong about things like that.

BobJ

Practically Family
Freenote Cloth wool coat today.
idwFz3R.jpg

0Qyt6gV.jpg

That coat is stunningly beautiful! I want one! And I live in a climate where I could use it a lot. It would be a huge step up from my blanket lined Carhartt chore coat - this color and style, to be exact:

carhartt_c02_sandstone_chore_coat_moss_mark_harmon-003a.jpg

Blanket lining:
img66615473.jpg

It's a comfortable, easy-wearing coat, but there is not enough overlap in the buttoned front, and the cold air blows in. Many's the time I wished I was wearing something like yours.

Dang, it gets even more desirable the closer you look!

upload_2017-11-10_0-38-29.png

LINK: https://freenotecloth.com/collections/jackets/products/mackinaw-british-plaid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran