Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
6ab746dae60d40f8db260d411f4a7ae5.jpg

Thedi Buffalo.

Double thumbs up for how nicely the Thedi is breaking in mate. I'm digging the creases on the arms, that is one sweet jacket!

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
This is my first jacket from a Japanese jacket maker. I am almost %100 sure it was made by Rainbow Country for Colimbo.

Hide is nice and I assume it is Shinki but I am unsure. I would say quality of construction compares to Thedi and seam stitching is laser accurate as one would expect. Nice details like a buttoned flap on one of the inside chest pockets and one of the outside pockets has a cool, smaller, 2nd leather pocket inside.

The hide on my Thedi Hercules in brown horse seems a bit thicker but is more soft to the touch than the Colimbo which seems just a bit more stiff to the touch. This will change once it is broken in I am sure. I bought the Colimbo as used but honestly I think it was just old or dead stock as it seems new.

I think my Langlitz is my favourite when it comes to the sheer robust feel of the jacket. I feel I could come out of a car crash unscathed. Lol. My only complaint with the Langlitz would be lack of available lining options. The nylon type lining is a bit heavy for my liking but that is a miniscule complaint. Cotton drill would be nice but Langlitz is made for riding a motorcycle. The heavier nylon they use must have some structural or safety importance related to motorcycles I'd think. I would feel very safe riding my motorcycle with the Langlitz.

A new Thedi Shawl collar I received a little while ago may become a favourite but I won't know until I start to wear it when cool weather hits mid September. It is a nice and thick cow hide that should be pretty nice when broken in.

My gripe with most if not all jacket manufacturers is lack of underarm footballs or gussets. I feel arm mobility could increase drastically with a small addition of a gusset (Thedi I am looking at you here). My Langlitz is a dream to move around in. Zero arm restriction when raising my arms up and moving around.

The Colimbo is cool and I'd buy another leather jacket from them like a Stockman's coat, which has the underarm gussets.
Thanks for the useful information. Btw. very nice jacket and perfect fit!

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
The fit is good considing such a rare vintage in excentent condition in your size. Well done iam envious

Thankya sir. In a perfect world, I would have liked maybe an extra 1/2" length in the sleeves, but that's just me being picky. With my height/weight combo, I feel lucky to find any vintage jacket that fits me well.

Finally a pleasantly cool jacketable morning. Iron heart 21 oz type III non fade black for the 15 minute commute to work. It will be too hot to wear home. This thing is as rigid as new leather and i need to put some work in!
I noticed that the no fade 21oz black is significantly stiffer and less “hairy” than the 21oz indigo. Cotton armor.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
@torfjord that jacket looks wonderful. I'm not a big CXL guy, but that jacket looks like it's breaking in beautifully.

Thanks dude! I’m with you there, I’ve come to realize that cxl is too heavy and uncomfortable for me. This is the only cxl jacket that I’ve kept, rest of them are goat or Vicenza.

But this dustbowl somehow works for me, it feels a little bit thinner and lighter than my other cxl jackets.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Thanks dude! I’m with you there, I’ve come to realize that cxl is too heavy and uncomfortable for me. This is the only cxl jacket that I’ve kept, rest of them are goat or Vicenza.

But this dustbowl somehow works for me, it feels a little bit thinner and lighter than my other cxl jackets.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Well, you definitely have chosen the right one to keep. It looks really quite good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails