Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
The Kurland came in today, courtesy of @JMax. I am very happy with the fit. Somehow the pics do not reproduce the absolutely insane patina on this jacket (the background is too bright) - I promise I will do a better job when I have some time. This is a pretty lightweight jacket, but has the coolness factor in spades...thank you Julio.

P1070905 (2).JPG

P1070906 (2).JPG

Great great leather jacket days, my loungers!
I rocked my simple black Nappa blouson with turtleneck shirt, today. It took a little drizzle, but such doesn't do any damage. Kept me warm, nearly too warm, but such simple basic storebrand Nappa jackets are so full of clue and probably extra color pigments, that it surely doesn't breath. :D

The Kurland came in today, courtesy of @JMax. I am very happy with the fit. Somehow the pics do not reproduce the absolutely insane patina on this jacket (the background is too bright) - I promise I will do a better job when I have some time. This is a pretty lightweight jacket, but has the coolness factor in spades...thank you Julio.

View attachment 358086

View attachment 358087

If it looked half as good on me as it does on you, it would still be in my closet. Enjoy it. Cool jacket

alish

One of the Regulars
I suppose. I do think slim jeans look objectively terrible on me... not an opinion thing. My body does not work with them at all.

My very strong opinion is that slim and skinny jeans look atrocious on everyone who isn't an extremely skinny and flamboyant rock star, but I have to admit that this is only an opinion.

On me, however, skinny jeans looking bad is a fact. This isn't without experience by the way. I wore them for many years. It's not like I just tried to experiment with them a couple of times. I was committed to them for around a decade.

I think part of it is finding the right match / profile between top and bottom. To my eye, a bulkier jacket works better with a fuller fitting jean, but a slimmer fitting jacket works better with jeans that are closer fitting (not necessarily slim fit, just not such a baggy fit...). And yes, obviously body type plays into all of it as well. A stockier person will probably look better in a little fuller cut vs. a slimmer person will probably benefit from a slimmer cut (especially if they are slim and short, like myself - then a slimmer profile top and bottom is essential IMO).

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I think part of it is finding the right match / profile between top and bottom. To my eye, a bulkier jacket works better with a fuller fitting jean, but a slimmer fitting jacket works better with jeans that are closer fitting (not necessarily slim fit, just not such a baggy fit...). And yes, obviously body type plays into all of it as well. A stockier person will probably look better in a little fuller cut vs. a slimmer person will probably benefit from a slimmer cut (especially if they are slim and short, like myself - then a slimmer profile top and bottom is essential IMO).
To a degree, this is true. However, people in the 1930s wore slimmer jackets with fuller cut trousers and it looked amazing.

Also, I need to clarify that baggy is not the same as a fuller cut. I don't have anything that actually fits baggy. Baggy is sized too large and worn sloppily.

One other thing to point out is that if you are slimmer, even a fuller cut can and sometimes will look slim on you. In some cases, like mine, being kinda slim in the waist, but not skipping leg day means straight cuts can look slim on me too. It really all depends on multiple body measurements and factors.

JCSD

Practically Family
I think it's an excellent looking jacket and having owned & wore a few Belstaff jackets, other than the lighter leather, I wouldn't place them behind any of the makers you've listed. Strictly visually speaking, leather on a good Belstaff jacket is on a level that our favorite makers have yet to reach.
Their 80's to 90's motorcycle stuff is very impressive, too.

As for it being a fashion jacket. . . Since this is something dictated by the purpose of the jacket, I think all of our jackets here could be classified as fashion pieces. ;)
Well said- I’m also a fan of Belstaff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ