Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Edward

Bartender
Just went out for a photoshoot with this Freewheelers Four Corners I'll try to write a review on this one. (yes, I was sweating in the second pic LOL)
242326699_896829327919743_3903112289391699631_n.jpg

242279158_896829461253063_5972186183262203865_n.jpg

I really like this one. Love the big flap pocket on the chest. Way back in the 90s I used to wear a wide-lapelled, black leather blazer that was my Dad's; in my crowd we thought I looked well Carlito. Still have it in the wardrobe, though I'm far too big to wear it at present. I've moved away from that style since, and for a long time avoided that middle length between a short leather and a trenchcoat type, but in the last couple of years this sort of blazer-length, work-jacket in leather has really started to appeal to me. This is a particularly nice example.

I'm the very lucky recipient of the @ton312 giveaway of this gorgeous Custom Coat Co. Deerskin bomber...lovely coat and a nice fit on me! Such a classy guy, and generous act.
View media item 4202
Jacket looks superb man! If it fit me that well I’d have kept it:D
Truthfully, I gifted it b/c it came as a gift to me. And so the spirt of the lounge survives another day. I’m proud to be a part of it! Looks good on ya brother. Wear in good health

Joshua Holland

Familiar Face
No rudeness intended

There is a joke amongst Professional Photographers which parallels this

'If you have a great meal do you ask chief which Oven they cooked it in?'

I can't really speak to cooking, but if I had a good meal, and was also a chef, I might ask..? Or more analogous, ask the size of oven and temperature used etc. As a photographer (which I can speak to), I am sometimes curious as to the gear used by another. And as was posted, it isn't necessarily the brand, but "camera/lens combo" i.e. the frame size, max f/ of lens etc. or was it a phone camera? Things good to know if you're trying to achieve a look or effect you see in another's work and improve your own knowledge and skill. And of course, always compliment the photos themselves, as the commenter did. My 2¢.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112