Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am going to LL Bean to check out their thermal henleys that have some wool component. The idea is to have only one layer under a leather jacket in weather down to 32F. Of course the jacket will have a quilted warm lining; we'll see if one layer underneath is enough. Most of my jackets are pretty close fitting and wearing a sweater underneath constricts movement in shoulders and make me feel like a sausage in a casing. It has been a constant struggle for me to solve this for winter time. I think the solution might be a 5* B-2 (or a @MrProper special) and a t-shirt, lol. But that would mean yet another jacket...
Do it. And what's one jacket more or less? ;)

But I also have a few vests that I like to wear under my jackets. They are quite thin, but warm well. And some knitted vests.

C8EEF72F-A1FB-432E-8DF3-4C2A13C4AF56.jpeg
ADAC4D4D-40D0-4ED0-A03E-DC1C6D38CF0F.jpeg
D6E1AA66-57FA-4D6A-994B-F4B1487F74FD.jpeg
49DAFA13-ED35-47BE-8EC5-16597D3762DB.jpeg
A0796734-262A-4B9B-AC84-A3CE0A63E56B.jpeg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
@jonesy86 While sitting here in the office, looking out of the window, seeing only rain and dark clouds for almost one week now, I would appreciate it if you could use your cell phone filter "NO beach and sunshine" like @Marc mndt did with his elevator pic yesterday. This would definitely brighten my day. Btw. nice jacket as usual and enjoy the nice weather on the beach :)
OK @Robbie79, sorry for all the silly photos wearing a leather jacket on the beach of all places, I admit it is pretty silly.
I won't have much beach time for a while, when it rains here, it really rains. Not going too far away from my back yard lanai in my steerhide Californian today.
IMG_8594.PNG
IMG_8459.JPG
IMG_8407.JPG
IMG_8520.JPG
IMG_8570.JPG
IMG_8430.JPG

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
OK @Robbie79, sorry for all the silly photos wearing a leather jacket on the beach of all places, I admit it is pretty silly.
I won't have much beach time for a while, when it rains here, it really rains. Not going too far away from my back yard lanai in my steerhide Californian today.
View attachment 384305 View attachment 384306 View attachment 384307 View attachment 384308 View attachment 384309 View attachment 384310
do you have lots of snails there just wondering?

here too big geckos the ones that make sounds tocotocotock t'kekk tkek kek and small house geckos basically everywhere hiding under my fridge, under my microwave, behind picture frames, but I have less mosquitos thanks to them

Tokays? Big for a gecko. And mean SOBs lol.

Harris HTM

One Too Many

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Premiere today for my new shawl collar Barnstormer in cordovan FQHH. Compared to my other shearling lined aero (Long Half Belt - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/new-aero-long-half-belt-shearling-lined.89578/), the FQHH is quite thinner and lighter, the shearling lining also thinner, the fit more relaxed and the sleeves longer = a much more wearable and comfortable jacket. Still as warm as an oven though.
View attachment 384426 View attachment 384427 View attachment 384428
Beautiful color combination.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
Premiere today for my new shawl collar Barnstormer in cordovan FQHH. Compared to my other shearling lined aero (Long Half Belt - https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/new-aero-long-half-belt-shearling-lined.89578/), the FQHH is quite thinner and lighter, the shearling lining also thinner, the fit more relaxed and the sleeves longer = a much more wearable and comfortable jacket. Still as warm as an oven though.
Wow!

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Very nice, good fit as well, not boxy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff