Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

$4.69 thrift store gold vintage Harris tweed sports coat.
D6E9F8E6-655F-44A9-8866-4667F891E0F7.jpeg

Nice herringbone! I've been eyeing vintage Harris Tweed blazers myself, but the ones I'm seeing for sale in my size from vintage sellers are more like $70-$120. Still not bad, but can't compete with $4.69!!!!!!
Yeah this was a thrift store luck shot. They have their own addictive properties. Not unlike leather and denim. I had to pass on this one. But I REALLY wanted it. Just wasn’t sure about the size
7F981F9B-4434-4223-9456-0A7188B55EAC.jpeg

ai00344

One of the Regulars
I just received this Aero Sheene in black cxl from another member via the classifieds. He said its 8 or 9 years old but has hardly been worn...seems practically new. It has corduroy at the waist band, which is a little weird but doesn’t affect the fit. The zippers seem a little lower grade than those Aero is currently using. They practically had a burr on their edges, scraping the leather when used. I fixed them up with a file. But everything else is perfect and I’m super happy with it. View attachment 408342
Perfect length on that one

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
The Kit Karson came in. About the nicest vintage jacket I have handled. Nearly identical to the wool Wolf. I had found a grail….and then noticed the seams were busted wide open underneath both pits and the zipper was coming undone. If I had a dog, I woulda kicked it. So, painfully, and mostly on the principality of it all (to quote Big Perm), it is going back.
View attachment 408863 View attachment 408864 View attachment 408865 View attachment 408866 View attachment 408867 View attachment 408868 View attachment 408869

Sorry to hear about the issues. Issues which should have been easy to document by the seller. Such repair work, done well, is expensive. When you say a jacket is top drawer that does have a meaning to me.

Brings up the question; Who made this jacket? Looks like an East Coast maker to me? Curious what you think

Detachable throat latch like the early Sportclad. Kit Carson MC jackets are not that common

It is From the "right" time.

Sorry to hear about the issues. Issues which should have been easy to document by the seller. Such repair work, done well, is expensive. When you say a jacket is top drawer that does have a meaning to me.

Brings up the question; Who made this jacket? Looks like an East Coast maker to me? Curious what you think

Detachable throat latch like the early Sportclad. Kit Carson MC jackets are not that common

It is From the "right" time.

Here is the wool-lined Wolf throat latch-
F32EBD40-7EBD-4E53-BCF6-431971391B21.jpeg

There were some minor differences between the Wolf & Karson, but the nuts and bolts were the same. I agree with you, east coast maker.

powersci

One of the Regulars
My tax refund purchase has arrived: Freenote Cloth RJ-2. Heavy duty denim, quilt lined sleeves, and real shearling collar and lining. Got it used on eBay for what I consider a great price.

I was worried about the fit as no measurements were posted. And fit pics showing it’s fitting just fine!

7E41E611-5498-4E51-B9F8-073FEBD43488.jpeg
5E303B1E-D702-4155-976C-2B5C866D85EB.jpeg A40BE6CB-1632-44D9-8937-A3209DAE6AFC.jpeg

jeo

One Too Many
A client turned good friend and band mate kept commenting on the jackets I would show up with when we jam. He said he's wanted a biker jacket forever. He's around my size, so I gave him my old 618 Perfecto. It goes without saying I had to replace it, so I went to the Schott store in NY and bought a brand new 618. This was a few months ago. I initially sent it to Schott to have the sleeves shortened. Been wearing it a ton since I got it back. It's kind of tight but it's already loosened up and will continue to do so. Been meaning to post but I wanted to wear it in a bit. Took the opportunity today as it's snowing and miserable in Philly.

IMG-7566.jpg

IMG-7436.jpg

IMG-7541.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko