Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
Aeromarine

Attachments

• tempImageRCUv2d.png
    tempImageRCUv2d.png
    6 MB · Views: 85

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Gorgeous bike! What year is it?

View attachment 421566

Wearing this Schott 618 a lot at the minute. Closed, it pushes these jeans down at the waistband; I should really have bought a size smaller in the jeans as I've lost more weight a bit faster than I anticipated, but they are Prison Blues, which in my experience should snug up a bit when washed, so that should sort that. Worn open, the jacket comfortable sits an inch or two over the top of the waistband. Ridiculously pleased to be able to fasten this one, though - not been an option for a very long time. This time last year, I don't think I could even comfortably wear it open.

The one real drawback with this pattern for me is that the "handwarmer" pockets are really just too far back to comfortably get at when I'm wearing it, which renders them of limited use for storage, but that's ultimately not much of an issue as I never use handwarmers anyhow - just there for the look of the thing on all my jackets. Zip-up ones might be used for storage, though, if they can be got at...

Wearing this old friend around has reminded me how much I like it, though. I don't think I could bring myself to spend on it what they now are new, but I do have half an eye out for a rare bargain on a 118 and 613 sometime in the future, possibly. More likely at some point will be picking up the mouton collar for this for when I have a bit of a Johnny Thunders day...
congrats Edward, looking great keep the spirit to be in shape man!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My new C-3 vest from ELC, using it as a gilet / waistcoat. Had to size down from my usual 48 to a 44 long to get the desired fit. 24” chest & 23.5 back, I’m 5.10’. Had a 46 Reg a few years back but moved it on as too loose over only a T shirt, designed more around going over the likes of an A-2..
3B8CC0B6-1354-4766-8A52-9E0453444807.jpeg

willyto

One Too Many
Those vests look cool but I've never understood their utility in our modern days. I mean, you're only keeping warm your torso but then if it's not so cold that you don't need long sleeves then it's certainly too warm for that.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Those vests look cool but I've never understood their utility in our modern days. I mean, you're only keeping warm your torso but then if it's not so cold that you don't need long sleeves then it's certainly too warm for that.
Works for me the same as a conventional gilet..

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Keeping your core warm makes a huge difference allowing constant blood flow to your extremities. Bizarre but works.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Perhaps personal preferences. I am warm, when my torso is warm. At the same time a vest under a protective layer doesn´t inhibt movement as much as a fully insulated jacket would.
The vest/shell combo is a go-to for me whenever I do any form of exercise (Skiing, mountaneering, even hiking).
Of course, it wouldn´t work if I felt I´d be losing any body-heat via the arms.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112