Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
A bit more roomy than my go-to T-Shirt-fit, but man - such a nice leather! Himel for the win.

5EC57895-B8B7-43C2-ABEA-B66845594DDB.jpeg

Viking752

Practically Family
I am not so eloquent as some of you folks with a review of your jackets but here is my attempt. I have been on the hunt for a Schott 118 and after quite a few non starters for various reasons I finally found one I could purchase. For general information for the Schott jackets (pre-owned) a person needs a decoder ring to decipher sizing. For example the jacket can have the correct size but depending on decade will fit vastly different. I find my size and the measurements look good until I get to the body length and it’s a 23” jacket, yet it’s a size 50. bizarre I say. I need a 26” jacket with 25-26” sleeves, that brings me to the most current pattern they use. Then there is the fact I am not a small human and it compounds the search. As my Dad puts it, my jackets probably take a whole cow to make. In good fun of course.
So the jacket that landed in my lap is big, like 52 long big as my size does not come along very often with all the correct criteria being met. I love the naked cowhide that Schott uses in their “One” series jackets, so soft and luxurious in the hand, very heavy but easy to wear. It’s long on me in the body but I like that, sleeves already have a ridiculous stack effect for being born in 2018. Still has that new car smell and came with original Schott branded hanger. Sleeves are a bit long and if I decide to keep it then I may explore having Dena work on them.
25B27719-CD8A-4EC0-B30C-E9C4951F37C9.jpeg
F2C4932B-5E84-4A24-A8C4-471FA240A411.jpeg

Manolito

Familiar Face
The sleeves look a bit long on your model but otherwise it is great and in very good condition...

I love my Schott 118, it looks so good. All these ladies'"wow" looks i catch on the street when i wear it are almost embarassing !

Last edited:

Viking752

Practically Family
The sleeves look a bit long on your model but otherwise it is great and in very good condition...

I love my Schott 118, it looks so good. All these ladies'"wow" looks i catch on the street when i wear it are almost embarassing !
I have been searching for a modern 118 for awhile, I feel in love with the naked cowhide of my 141. I only buy pre-owned so it is certainly a journey to find one that somewhat fits me without going custom.

Manolito

Familiar Face
I have been searching for a modern 118 for awhile, I feel in love with the naked cowhide of my 141. I only buy pre-owned so it is certainly a journey to find one that somewhat fits me without going custom.
It took me four years to find a 118 second handed at my size (a rather common size : 38), and I found it a price which is still pricey for a second handed one (600 €). But... The condition was almost new, so no regret ! The 118 are not the easiest Perfectos to find second handed, and I don't buy Schott jackets new these days as the USD/EUR is very high. The size is perfect for me. The 118 has always been the more relaxed/civilian jacket of the classic Schott Perfectos. I don't mind the length at all...

Enjoy your jacket !

Viking752

Practically Family
Speaking of Perfectos, I wore my 618 today. I swear it's black and not grey. I need to work on my picture taking.

All this talk about 118s and now I'm wanting one again for my Perfecto collection. Glad you found one @Viking752, looks good.

View attachment 432599
Thank you, happy to join the Perfecto club. That’s a good looking 618 and your bike certainly compliments it quite well..

Popeye Doyle

New in Town
I like warmer weather because I get to ride my motorcycle more but I miss the cool weather because of the coats I have. One of my favorites is my Cockpit USA horsehide WWII A2. When it gets cool again I will post pics. I want one of their General B-3 bomber jackets modeled after the one Patton wore as he is one of my all time heroes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112