Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
Hmm, that could have been me. I bought it from Thurston Bros. and glad I did, because I sure would doubt the authenticity otherwise.

The leather looks and feels very plasticky. It even has a vinyl-like sensation to the touch. The topcoat is shiny and it doesn’t really rub off with wear, it flakes off, leaving unsightly grey areas beneath.
The Chopper is a VERY sturdy jacket, with all the quilting and the iron-like kidney panel, so I guess this even adds to the ”artificial” feel of the leather.
The hide is totally resistant to any signs of age, character or patina (other than the flaking thing mentioned). I’ve beaten it hard for many years, but it looks essentially the same as always.

Don’t get me wrong: it’s a phantastic jacket, well worth the money. Construction is excellent and in the looks department it gets 11/10. Certainly one of the jackets I get most compliments from strangers when wearing it. I just cannot un-notice the deficiencies of the leather.
Thanks

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Started the new motorbike season with two short rides in my FW La Brea...

H-D FLHTC 1989
FL_FLHTC.jpg

H-D DuoGlide 1958
FL_58DuoGlide.jpg

Have a nice Weekend y'all!

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Vanson Enfield, bought from a fellow lounger and received yesterday.

The jacket is quite boxy, so I may lack half an inch in the shoulder department, but I really like the fit. The quintessential no-fuss jacket and a true pleasure to wear.

The leather: thick, chunky, butter-soft Competition weight. The “old” one.

Yes, I know, you told me it’s great and I chose not to really believe it. I was just too disappointed in the leather of my Chopper.
This is instantly one of my favourite hides. Feels good to know what all the hype is all about, and that it’s true. Even more striking how much the new(er) batches pale in comparison.
Not a convincing stunt from a marketing perspective to even call it the same.

Sizing: both my Vansons are size 42, but the Enfield fits easily half a size larger than the Chopper.

View attachment 499197
That's a cool looking Jacket, congrats!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Vanson Enfield, bought from a fellow lounger and received yesterday.

The jacket is quite boxy, so I may lack half an inch in the shoulder department, but I really like the fit. The quintessential no-fuss jacket and a true pleasure to wear.

The leather: thick, chunky, butter-soft Competition weight. The “old” one.

Yes, I know, you told me it’s great and I chose not to really believe it. I was just too disappointed in the leather of my Chopper.
This is instantly one of my favourite hides. Feels good to know what all the hype is all about, and that it’s true. Even more striking how much the new(er) batches pale in comparison.
Not a convincing stunt from a marketing perspective to even call it the same.

Sizing: both my Vansons are size 42, but the Enfield fits easily half a size larger than the Chopper.

View attachment 499197

That’s the good stuff! Sleeves look very similar to my Comet and C2. I love the old CW, have to agree it’s one of my favourite leathers.

Sagar85

A-List Customer
There's something about the cut of the Mulholland, really is a special jacket. Think I'm right in saying it's based on an old Spartan Sportswear model?
Tbh, I’m a leather jackets newbie. But I think you are correct. It’s based on old spartan sportswear model. The jacket label says the sane as it’s a reproduction. Cheers!

jeo

One Too Many
It's not a 1:1 Trojan copy. To me it looks closer to a 40s Californian police jacket.

View attachment 499277 View attachment 499278

It's definitely not a 1:1 copy of a Trojan, but it is based on a Trojan, not a Californian.

I have a picture somewhere on one of my old hard drives from an old Japanese blog that was about the Mulholland that showed the exact Trojan jacket that the Mulholland was based upon.

It was practically identical to the Trojan except for the chest pocket. But it had the same underarm gussets, one piece back and no side seam exactly like this Californian. The main difference between this Cali and Trojan is the bottom band.

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ