Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

zebedee

One Too Many
I like that book. And the movie.
Suskind also wrote another novella called 'The Pigeon' and a play - all very different (although I'm not sure about the play). The soundtrack (Berlin Philharmonic) is amazing.

The novel's great because of how deliberately and unapologetically Postmodern it is (and how stylistically plagiarised it is from Voltaire and Rabelais). It's a lot of fun to teach, as well. Like an anti-detective novel set on dismantling Enlightenment ideas. Inspired and very odd.

I saw the fabric and I had to get a shirt made. It goes with the jackets (and, if it doesn't, onlookers must assume I'm profoundly disturbed and don't tell me :) ).

Hobbes1

A-List Customer
Well, the Lesco cafe racer jacket I purchased arrived today.
The Bad: I can barely get it zipped. Could not wear this jacket on the daily and never zipped. It’s just too small. Seller was uncommunicative but his measurements could have worked. My measurements are just smaller for the chest, shoulders and waist. I knew I was taking a chance!

The good: this is a really nice jacket in great condition. It would be perfect and the end of my search for the “right” CR in brown. Good hide; good weight; serval zippers are nice. See pics.

Unfortunately I will likely try to get the seller to take it back as his measurements were over estimated in the ad. Will see what happens. Or, if I lose that, will have to sell it on.

Cheers! View attachment 531152 View attachment 531154 View attachment 531155 View attachment 531156 View attachment 531157 View attachment 531158 View attachment 531159
Sorry to quote myself but...update: the seller was very gracious about taking this jacket back. I will be dropping off USPS in the next couple of days. I would imagine that the jacket will go back onto eBay at some point. So, if there was someone interested and the measurements are right, IMHO, this is a nice jacket. Cheers.

Motocann

One Too Many
Mister Freedom makes one of the nicest trucker jackets!
8819382E-2E86-49CE-8FCF-850CA69F8FBE.jpeg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
This J82 just arrived and it's PERFECT.

View attachment 531615
PERFECT….often overused by us enthusiastic jacketeers, but when spoken by you, Marc, commands attention!

I think this is the jacket Brando would have wanted, Dean would have wanted. The metal appointments add a symmetry that blend seamlessly with the style, attempted by many but none reaching this level of completeness.
With all the opinions here on the lounge concerning original Buco craftsmanship through the years, good, bad, etc maybe you could give us your views of this jacket in an appropriate thread or better a dedicated thread.
I don’t make a habit of ranting other’s jackets but this jacket deserves it!

PERFECT

B

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Looks Great on You. So Cool!

If that was mine, my other jackets would struggle to get a look in. Enjoy

Going to be hard to top this man, just amazing all round.

Wow, this is indeed one of your best!

Great one as usual, Marc!

Thanks guys. It was a bit of a gamble this one as I bought it without asking for measurements, but boy did it pay off. It's a trim fit but wearable because of the back gussets.

It has the perfect amount of superficial wear, leather and hardware are 100% solid.

IMG_5044.jpeg

Last edited:

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I think this is the jacket Brando would have wanted, Dean would have wanted. The metal appointments add a symmetry that blend seamlessly with the style, attempted by many but none reaching this level of completeness.
I could not have said it any better.

With all the opinions here on the lounge concerning original Buco craftsmanship through the years, good, bad, etc maybe you could give us your views of this jacket in an appropriate thread or better a dedicated thread.
Great idea. I'll do a side by side comparison with my horsehide Buco j24.

bgrant570

New in Town
Sorry to quote myself but...update: the seller was very gracious about taking this jacket back. I will be dropping off USPS in the next couple of days. I would imagine that the jacket will go back onto eBay at some point. So, if there was someone interested and the measurements are right, IMHO, this is a nice jacket. Cheers.
I remember you waiting to get this and thinking it was a beautiful jacket! Too bad it doesn't fit. I may have a go at it actually. Says "40". Does it fit more like a 42? The measurments you took look spot on for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails