Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Screenshot_20230817_074445_Gallery.jpg
Kendogi (sashiko?) Type3 i love the shoulder slope and collar on this one, and how this kind of weave would sag and pucker and form big round creases, and shrink unfortunately, the sleeve was longer, but I have a lot of tolerance for rtw denim jacket's sleeve as long as the body length works

zebedee

One Too Many
I damped the jacket under a bathroom shower for 5 mins, and then i put on zipped the whole day until dry
View attachment 540880
View attachment 540881
In the humidity you're in, I wouldn't keep drenching the leather. It isn't really possible to re-condition it - most of the leather conditioners are temporary solutions, whereas water damage and/or mold spores are not as temporary.

Sagar85

A-List Customer
This really is one of my favorite styles of jacket, just don't know if I'll ever come across one for a price I can go for. Enjoy it in good health!
Sorry I was out on a work trip this week. Yes, it is the best jacket I have. Frankly, I was not as impressed with the fit initially compared to FW rebels or RC Hercules. But, the more I wear it the more it is starting to settle in to my body and feels like a dream fit.

what size are you? One of my buddies (@denimdentist on IG) is looking to sell size 40.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
In the humidity you're in, I wouldn't keep drenching the leather. It isn't really possible to re-condition it - most of the leather conditioners are temporary solutions, whereas water damage and/or mold spores are not as temporary.
my place is definitely not humid, very different than coastal area or places like hongkong, it was dry within 3 hours from body heat and moving air , i think just plain cold water won't damage the leather much, its less damaging than wearing it on rainy day since rain water may carry air pollution, chemical fume and acid, it would be different story if washing with detergent or hot water,

with vegtan leather once the jacket get wetted and worn its just evolve further, but obviously you don't need to do this often. perhaps once or twice throughout its life would be fine in my own opinion.

zebedee

One Too Many
Water saturation won't damage leather if it's a few times - I'm quite cautious about soaking leather through, though. rain showers I don't worry about as they don't tend to penetrate the leather all the way through.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Water saturation won't damage leather if it's a few times - I'm quite cautious about soaking leather through, though. rain showers I don't worry about as they don't tend to penetrate the leather all the way through.
I put the jacket on a hanger and hold it under a bathroom shower for 5 minutes or so, then i let it drip, and i wear it to dry
Screenshot_20230819_101520_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230819_101644_Gallery.jpg
Nothing major happens, belt looks a step more broken in.
Screenshot_20230819_104159_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230819_104232_Gallery.jpg
And i knead on the side panel so it learns to fold naturally just like sleeve cuff webbing. And it helps with keeping the waistline not spreading out when being worn open

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I put the jacket on a hanger and hold it under a bathroom shower for 5 minutes or so, then i let it drip, and i wear it to dry
View attachment 541129
View attachment 541130
Nothing major happens, belt looks a step more broken in.
View attachment 541131
View attachment 541132
And i knead on the side panel so it learns to fold naturally just like sleeve cuff webbing. And it helps with keeping the waistline not spreading out when being worn open
Is this the jacket you overdyed by hand?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy