Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

mumpy

A-List Customer
Thedi

IMG_0098.JPG

KBlake

One Too Many
Regius again. This jacket isn’t perfect, but it’s so far beyond anything I own that I haven’t wanted to wear anything else. Why isn’t it perfect? The sleeves are a half inch too long and the back lacks definition. There’s extra material at the back of each shoulder, which is not ideal.

That being said, perfection is overrated. If you are looking for flaws you will always find them. They shouldn’t detract from your enjoyment of a masterpiece like this. This jacket is the reason I’m selling off a bunch of others. I’m not going to reach for another black half belt when I have this one. It’s super comfortable and luxurious. The only other black jacket I’m tempted to wear now is my cal and misc cross-zips.

TLDR: Regius again.

IMG_7864.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7789.jpeg
    IMG_7789.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Regius again. This jacket isn’t perfect, but it’s so far beyond anything I own that I haven’t wanted to wear anything else. Why isn’t it perfect? The sleeves are a half inch too long and the back lacks definition. There’s extra material at the back of each shoulder, which is not ideal.

That being said, perfection is overrated. If you are looking for flaws you will always find them. They shouldn’t detract from your enjoyment of a masterpiece like this. This jacket is the reason I’m selling off a bunch of others. I’m not going to reach for another black half belt when I have this one. It’s super comfortable and luxurious. The only other black jacket I’m tempted to wear now is my cal and misc cross-zips.

View attachment 601343
I think the length of the sleeves is perfect.

View attachment 601343
Sleeves look bang on to me.

KBlake

One Too Many
I think the length of the sleeves is perfect.

Sleeves look bang on to me.
It comes down to my knuckle and feels just a bit too long. A quarter inch less would have landed better imo but it's not objectively bad at all. I think a lot of us here tend toward perfectionism, especially when we invest in custom pieces like this. I'm still thrilled with the jacket despite minor issues.

Al 916

One Too Many

View attachment 601343
I'm very picky about sleeve length!
These look perfect

(it might be your shirt tails throwing it out ;_)

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This jacket is the reason I’m selling off a bunch of others.

It looks like your Monarch in the frontal picture. Actually fooled me.

I have a strong dislike for long sleeves, at least as they fit me. These don't look overly long. Looks to me like minus the "extra" shoulder material they would fit quite nicely.

I agree, the back does lack definition,. To me it is the leather. What type of leather is this? Weight? The back reminds me of my LW Test. It has plenty of style, but lacks definition because of the heavy leather. The Regius jacket is also brand new.

The collar is very much like a Monarch, but a bit too much to me. Also a collar that many like as is.

This is the only jacket of his I have commented on. Several years ago he ask to borrow one of my Hercules fof a re' issue. I didn't follow through. A Sponge Bob, "Square Pockets" style. I know one is owned here.

I should have followed through. You have come a long way on a journey many here dream of taking. It is not easy skill to learn.

KBlake

One Too Many
It looks like your Monarch in the frontal picture. Actually fooled me.

I have a strong dislike for long sleeves, at least as they fit me. These don't look overly long. Looks to me like minus the "extra" shoulder material they would fit quite nicely.

I agree, the back does lack definition,. To me it is the leather. What type of leather is this? Weight? The back reminds me of my LW Test. It has plenty of style, but lacks definition because of the heavy leather. The Regius jacket is also brand new.

The collar is very much like a Monarch, but a bit too much to me. Also a collar that many like as is.

This is the only jacket of his I have commented on. Several years ago he ask to borrow one of my Hercules fof a re' issue. I didn't follow through. A Sponge Bob, "Square Pockets" style. I know one is owned here.

I should have followed through. You have come a long way on a journey many here dream of taking. It is not easy skill to learn.
Thank you for your insight and kind words. The leather is Hermann Oak, which is quite thick. You’re probably right that the lack of definition is a function of the leather. I am overall very happy with the jacket despite the back issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner