Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What jeans are you wearing today ?

Pandemic

One Too Many
Speaking of sick fadez, I have a pair of black jeans coming from CianoFarmer this week. I’d like to keep them dark and crisp for as long as possible. Would a little vinegar and salt bath to fix the color be worthwhile?

Like fish n’ chips?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Speaking of IH, you read how they got scammed by some trolls, losing a good few grand of worth in gear?

Lmao. Poetic justice.

Speaking of sick fadez, I have a pair of black jeans coming from CianoFarmer this week. I’d like to keep them dark and crisp for as long as possible. Would a little vinegar and salt bath to fix the color be worthwhile?

Like fish n’ chips?

Except for specifically fast-fading denims, jeans are fairly colorfast for a while.

Kuro

Practically Family
Tanuki. I recently discovered this brand of Jeans and they are wonderful in details etc. Many things I like about them.

I was told that the pattern maker is Sweedish, or Swiss, I don't remember, anyways, is not Japanese, which is why I am able to wear them. The first Japanese brand that I can wear comfortably. And not just that, but the 16.5oz denim pair I got from them, after a short time of wearing them, became very comfortable. Picture attached of the 16.5oz Natural Indigo pair I purchased.

And in the same week I found them I purchased two other pair and two shirts, because wow, even the details on the shirts blew my mind.

Just look at those colors and texture...

20211021_125227.jpg

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

Like fish n’ chips?
people in action figure hobby do presoak black clothes for their action figure in water and salt or vinegar to not stain the plastic or the rubber figurines skintone, so I guess It will set the dye somewhat, I have imagination raw jeans will sick fadez within a year and get wornout hobo like within 2 years from all the pictures I gathered throughout the internet before I dare to buy one... so far with my own use I manage to have a belt loop fade on the center rear loop, and the edges of the hem on the inside where it rubs my boots and or sock as I walk, that's it after 3.5 years of my normal wear divided among 3 jeans.

people in action figure hobby do presoak black clothes for their action figure in water and salt or vinegar to not stain the plastic or the rubber figurines skintone, so I guess It will set the dye somewhat, I have imagination raw jeans will sick fadez within a year and get wornout hobo like within 2 years from all the pictures I gathered throughout the internet before I dare to buy one... so far with my own use I manage to have a belt loop fade on the center rear loop, and the edges of the hem on the inside where it rubs my boots and or sock as I walk, that's it after 3.5 years of my normal wear divided among 3 jeans.

I HATE with extreme prejudice action figures draped in textile clothes. Hated it since I was 5! Who the hell ever thought of that!? Just make plastic ones, shape it the perfect way, whatever but WHY would I want textile clothes on my plastic action figures?

No need to shop pics - just a link where you got that information from.
I've never heard that Ruedi (or anyone else) has done that...

First link that pops up from Googling "Ruedi Karrer urine".
https://www.heddels.com/2014/04/11-ways-to-fade-your-raw-denim-faster-guide/
Not something I ever wanted to have in my internet search history but curiosity got the best of me. That guy always looked a bit... You know - I mean, shouldn't an expert in denim at least be capable of figuring out his size in clothes? - but this seriously takes it to a whole other level.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
so... after reading that, now I understand why my iron jeans buttons never get rusted while some people have them rusted... those people are leaky... while I'm not. :cool:

andyone

A-List Customer
Ups... so yeah, the Heddels post was an Aprils Fool's post and the link to imgur to the interview explained a (disgusting) experiment... https://imgur.com/a/rc7MS

It doesn't seem that he treats his jeans that he wears like that. And yes, his way of wearing jeans is unique...

Anyway I am glad that my jeans were new and came in a plastic bag that was dry inside - doesn't look like I got an experimental jeans as also the rivets and buttons didn't show any sign of corrosion :)

El Marro

Naked and famous weird guy with 2% stretch. Heresy to denim heads bit I’m middle aged and the pandemic has been tough on the waistline.
Only recently have I come to the same conclusion and I can’t believe it took me this long. I drove down to Los Angeles last weekend (about 6 hours from my house) and rather than wear the Brave Star 21oz jeans I had planned I opted for a pair of Kühl hiking pants with a little bit of stretch to them. Can’t tell you how much nicer that made the trip!

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
^ I don’t think I can go back. Plus the N&F are only $125. Ignition works makes a pair at 19oz. My size is out of stock but I may give them a try.

SilverKast

New in Town
I have a pair of IH 21oz I picked up new, but I don't wear them enough to really break them in very quickly. I picked up almost the same pair second hand for about $100 already broken in and I really love them. The used routes seems pretty good to me all things considered.

Also really like the Nudie jeans I picked up - Grim Tims I think, they're probably my most comfortable for me and seem to be my go to lately.

Aloysius

The Heddels post was a joke but Reudi’s pee soak was real. He posted it on his own pages.

As for jeans, the best ‘premium’ jeans dollar for dollar are Sugar Cane and it isn’t even close. Their cuts are all eminently wearable, they use interesting and innovative but subtle fabrics, and their stuff easily stands up to their competition that charges twice as much.

Rich22

Practically Family
+1 to becoming a convert to 1-2% stretch jeans. I hated early stretch jeans I tried on, as they were VERY stretchy, but the 541's with the lower amounts of stretch are great.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Hey, where are all the 5-pocket Cord fans, here?? :D
yes
Screenshot_20211030-054656_Gallery.jpg

Inexpensive, easy wearing, all around good pants. I dont get why people love colorful chinos more than cord, to me cord has more interesting drape and texture and appear thick while being lightweight.

In my country they are so forgotten i bought these made to measure to my size cord pants around $10 each from fabrics supplier who also take order to make pants, shirt, and denim jacket. No chainstitching, no selvedge, zip fly, low rise... pretty much mall quality but i still love them and I dont need to alter the leg unlike mall bought pants that I have to bring to alteration shop to break open the hem to add 1-2 cm more leg evertime i buy at my waist size. Around 30% cheaper too than mall pants.
These garment industry comes from the same region in my country who widely produce raw jeans of $100-$200 price range.
I imagine how many cups of hipster coffee bought from the profit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner