Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What jeans are you wearing today ?

Edward

Bartender
Received now)) insanely powerful))) there will be an experiment as much as possible without washing ...... View attachment 211024

Some nice looking denim on their website, good price too. Sadly they don't seem to do the cuts I would wear (true vintage, high waist, wide leg). Search goes on for the 'right' black jean for me.... I thought the Wrangler Cowboy Cut might do it, but I wanted a contrast cuff...

Alexlutov

A-List Customer
... I must say that they did not live up to expectations .. this is not my size, alas, they are short (33) in fact ..

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Some nice looking denim on their website, good price too. Sadly they don't seem to do the cuts I would wear (true vintage, high waist, wide leg). Search goes on for the 'right' black jean for me.... I thought the Wrangler Cowboy Cut might do it, but I wanted a contrast cuff...
what is contrast cuff? white on the inside? or colored?
recently I almost bought (actually already put in the basket, and checkout, but the web glitched and transaction was failed tried several times keep on failed) a 32 or 33oz local denim but the inside was red (or blue) since the transaction failed I got time to rethink and the colored inside(weft?) was the deal breaker in the end, I would have went on with direct message through IG or email to sort the glitch and insist on buying it had the weft was ecru or white or black, but blue, red, purple, brown, etc kinda feel too fancy even when I almost never cuff my jeans.

Edward

Bartender
... I must say that they did not live up to expectations .. this is not my size, alas, they are short (33) in fact ..

That's a pity. It's one reason I wish I could shop in bricks and mortar more (as it is, 99% of my clothes are bought online nowadays), it's so much easier to be sure it's what I want, but next to impossible to find what I want in a 'real' shop...

what is contrast cuff? white on the inside? or colored?

I always confuse the warp and the weft, but you know how with a pair of regular blue denim jeans, when you fold the cuff up it's lighter under there? I'd like the same in black denim. Unfortunately these days most black jeans seem to be made by dying the fabric the whole way through, so you lose that contrast. I won't wear jeans (and rarely will wear any trousers short of formal spongebags or evening trousers for white/black tie) with no cuff, so it's more of an issue for me. I supposed if I wasn't into cuffing them it wouldn't matter.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mister Freedom Buckaroos (kind of between a 50s straight cut and boot cut)
image0 (1).jpeg

At Last & Co Lot 147 (straight cut, wide leg and opening)
Timeworn.jpeg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up

Alex, I also had some Unbranded Selvedge denim jeans that were "does not meet" for me in the expectations department. They were not the 21 oz - probably 13 oz but I really could not agree with the lower rise, button fly and the general fit was simply off.

If seeking something at all similar, hit up Red Clouds Collective in Portland, OR. They now make a double knee work denim that is patterned off the Waxed cotton pants I have presented on here prior. Here they are: https://redcloudscollective.com/collections/clothing

Here's the waxed cotton pants in a fit photo:
DSC_0474.JPG

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I like the concept but my one attempt with them did not work out either. Branding isn’t the only place they save $. Fit quality control is no better than a dept store brand.

mtrlr

One of the Regulars
I used to wear only Levis, but in the last few years, I have been on MBBCar mostly, it's a Chinese raw denim brand. I currently have 2 pairs of the 14oz, and one pair of the 23oz. This latter stood on its own when new, it took quite some times to break in. Quality and craft are pretty good, the are my daily wear now, I still have one pair of Levis, but it mainly stays in the drawer.

Yeah, I still like these C&A storebrand slim fits. Fit very well and kind of "jeans to the point!". :) Nice duo with flannelshirt.

Attachments

• IMGP7615.JPG
    IMGP7615.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 429
  • IMGP7616.JPG
    IMGP7616.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 424
  • IMGP7617.JPG
    IMGP7617.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 421
  • IMGP7621.JPG
    IMGP7621.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 494
  • IMGP7622.JPG
    IMGP7622.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 506

GHT

I'll Lock Up
That's a pity. It's one reason I wish I could shop in bricks and mortar more (as it is, 99% of my clothes are bought online nowadays), it's so much easier to be sure it's what I want, but next to impossible to find what I want in a 'real' shop...
I haven't bought clothes in a High Street shop in decades, long before those stores suffered from internet competition. Mostly because of the quality of the goods. Fashion houses deem it acceptable to use shoddy fabrics, then sew in a designer label to give it appeal and the final insult is to put a hefty price tag on it. If it's expensive then it must be good. Not everyone, of course, can afford to get their clothes made to measure, but it does help when you have a very talented missus.
I always confuse the warp and the weft, but you know how with a pair of regular blue denim jeans, when you fold the cuff up it's lighter under there? I'd like the same in black denim. Unfortunately these days most black jeans seem to be made by dying the fabric the whole way through, so you lose that contrast. I won't wear jeans (and rarely will wear any trousers short of formal spongebags or evening trousers for white/black tie) with no cuff, so it's more of an issue for me. I supposed if I wasn't into cuffing them it wouldn't matter.
You have standards Edward, that's why you wear a turned up cuff, good for you. My Missus has made most of my trousers, they are all high waisted, have varying hem widths ranging from eighteen inches to full blown twenty two inch baggies and all have turned up cuffs. She's also a dab hand at alterations. She came across these pants in a charity shop, they were far too big for me, which is exactly why she bought them. They are made from calico. Calico fabric is a plain-woven textile, made from half-processed and unbleached cotton fibres. It’s a coarse and rough fabric, but not as sturdy as denim or canvas, nor as fine as Muslin, it does though, have a vaguely denim appearance. My wife told me that these trousers were extremely well made and the lack of a label suggests that they were probably tailor made.

She unpicked the centre seem around the crotch, then unpicked the waistband, she then reduced the waist to my size, gave me a fitting to assess how much of the crotch to take in. Then, with me still in the trousers, she took the hem line up. Finally she sewed the pants back together and produced a turned up cuff. Now the former, tapered trousers are as straight as the rest of my pants. They are great for summer wear, matched to one of the beautiful Aloha shirts that she makes for me.
trousers 008.jpg trousers 012.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner