Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What jeans are you wearing today ?

Helix

Familiar Face
WOW!

I would love to see some pictures of those
Sure, here are a few fit pics and some close ups. They turned out a bit slimmer than I would have liked due to the thickness of the denim. I have another pair of jeans in the same cut that have a straighter fit. These are fun to wear once in a while, but too unmanageable for daily use.

C218CFA0-B58D-48F1-A4C9-9AC7C56D0444.jpeg

56A51DAD-52CB-417F-89E1-C7F3B721E9E7.jpeg
116D8BB8-C093-4220-9B43-8851AE624D87.jpeg
2BDAE2AD-A509-4ACA-BF51-C605ADBDB34E.jpeg

Last edited:

ES335

One of the Regulars
Hey Helix, welcome to the Lounge! Oh, and thanks for posting thos badboys... I'd love a pair but already have 7-8 pairs of Bravestar in 17.5 to 22oz. Quite enough for me in the coldest months but I'm still super heavy weight curious... looks like yours are breaking in well, keep it up and post your fades.

Damon141

Practically Family
Anything under $200 or with some great slubby texture and maybe some detail stitching?
I would not mind one pair that is unique.

I heard to watch Denimio for collaboration specials where they sometimes put something unique together but not in the $400 price range of Iron Heart.

Al 916

One Too Many

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Sure, here are a few fit pics and some close ups. They turned out a bit slimmer than I would have liked due to the thickness of the denim. I have another pair of jeans in the same cut that have a straighter fit. These are fun to wear once in a while, but too unmanageable for daily use.

View attachment 468563
View attachment 468564 View attachment 468565 View attachment 468566
This is a great fit for any pair of jeans, but for a 33-oz pair even better. You don't want them to bunch up in all the wrong places. Pulling them off must be a workout. Great fun though, I am sure.

Helix

Familiar Face
Hey Helix, welcome to the Lounge! Oh, and thanks for posting thos badboys... I'd love a pair but already have 7-8 pairs of Bravestar in 17.5 to 22oz. Quite enough for me in the coldest months but I'm still super heavy weight curious... looks like yours are breaking in well, keep it up and post your fades.
Thanks! My sweet spot for jeans is the same, I have a pair of 21oz Bravestars that are my "beaters" that I use when doing chores such as washing cars, working in garage, etc.
Nice!

Think I will stick at 25oz mind...
Thank you! Yes I have a pair of Iron Heart 666 25oz xhs that is part of my regular rotation. Love those jeans, wearing them right now as a matter of fact.
Nice jeans!
Thanks man!
This is a great fit for any pair of jeans, but for a 33-oz pair even better. You don't want them to bunch up in all the wrong places. Pulling them off must be a workout. Great fun though, I am sure.
Ha ha yeah, I basically have to slide the leg opening off my heel, and step on the cuff to pull the rest of my leg out. Or I lie down and ask my wife to do it :)

roadking04

Practically Family
Bought my first pair of selvedge jeans, I wanted a pair of mid priced jeans
I am very "green" in selvedge denim. I went with Bravestar 21oz for my first pair. I would say Bravestar is a good beginner pair of jeans around $100-120. They have various fits and weights. I have bigger thighs and went with the straight leg. They are a little roomy. Miiiiiiggghhht be big enough in the thigh for weightlifters, I'm not really sure.

I can't remember if you ride or not, but heavy selvedge jeans work great on the bike. Hopefully they will offer enough protection in a slide, hope to never test them out. Good luck in the denim rabbit hole. I have been having fun with them for a couple of years.

Damon141

Practically Family
I just looked at Bravestar and they look like a great value, especially when you consider the price of heavier denim in the expensive brands. I am going to give them a shot.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
My sashiko fatigue pants.
Pre and post wash it looks quite slim post wash
Screenshot_20221210-102719_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221210-102545_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221210-102742_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221210-102436_Gallery.jpg
I like pre wash look a bit better

The fabrics though is great and i can see cool fading potential better than the jacket since this sashiko pattern has more gap between each bump and the bump looks tighter and less hairy unlike the kendogi fabric of the jacket,
Screenshot_20221210-143014_Gallery.jpg
and from the start i can see irregularity in the dye while the jacket was very even somewhat teal blue at the start that bleeds evenly with every wash and look a lot looser and hairy after some years
Screenshot_20221210-143037_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I don't get it where official denim fit pic from the manufacturer show it with the top half totally covered with t-shirt I see so many heritage denim brands do this kind of fit pics, seems like they don't care about top block fit or about the pockets opening, no wonder some jeans you buy in yoursize but you can hardly use your front pocket and coin pockets being too close to the belt etc. pretty obvious they don't care about any of those "decoration" details.

Edward

Bartender

Holy Post Archaeology, Batman! I know, but.... What's the rise like on these? I've been very leery of Lee for decades because of experience in my teens. Back until I think the late or mid-late 90s, Lee had a factory in County Down where you could buy seconds (though in truth it was typically impossible to find the flaw) for £12 a pair. At that time, most Lees were 325 a throw at full retail, and bog-standard Levi 501s were still £45 (well into the late nineties - that's about £90, Freddies type money now, in 2023 cash. They're dropped drastically in retail cost last I looked). Unfortunately, they were all the same low rise as 501s, desperately uncomfortable to me and I could never wear them. I know in recent years, though, they've brought out good cuts. Aero caught my eye on FB today with a load of 101s in black, which is calling to me. I was looking at the Cathcart latest collection ,but they're all blue, so maybe sale time.... I've got three pairs of blue jeans already, and I only wear them a couple of times a week (more often than I used to, granted, as they can be handy when I'm working from home and not leaving the house). A black pair would be welcome - not had black jeans since maybe 2005....

Anything under $200 or with some great slubby texture and maybe some detail stitching?
I would not mind one pair that is unique.

I heard to watch Denimio for collaboration specials where they sometimes put something unique together but not in the $400 price range of Iron Heart.

How heavy do you want them? These won't do if you demand over 15oz, but if you want a quality pair of denims that are a rung above the mall stuff, Cathcart's product really is nice - https://www.cathcartheritage.com/collections/denim-1

I don't get it where official denim fit pic from the manufacturer show it with the top half totally covered with t-shirt I see so many heritage denim brands do this kind of fit pics, seems like they don't care about top block fit or about the pockets opening, no wonder some jeans you buy in yoursize but you can hardly use your front pocket and coin pockets being too close to the belt etc. pretty obvious they don't care about any of those "decoration" details.

I posted this some years ago on this thread. Drives me up the wall when I'm trying to see whether they have a decent rise that puts the waistband actually on the natural waist rather than several inches south of it.

@Edward
Did you think about trying C&A jeans?

They got four quality grades, here in Germany and the highest grade is fine. And true to size. Even the 2nd quality grade is not bad.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@Edward
Did you think about trying C&A jeans?

They got four quality grades, here in Germany and the highest grade is fine. And true to size. Even the 2nd quality grade is not bad.

I don't want to offend anyone but...
I am relatively sure that anyone who can halfway afford it will not buy jeans (or anything else) from C&A.
And twice not, when you can get jeans from well-known manufacturers for the same money (real denim excluded).

Over the years, I've come across C&A clothes from time to time at acquaintances' houses, and without exception, they were distinguished by a non-existent cut. I would put them on a par with H&M, Primark and Bershka. Only in a more conservative way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ