Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What ladies are coming to the Queen Mary?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Our Queen Mary thread is getting so long, that I'm wondering... who of you all are coming to the event this year? I'll be there, and I'm bringing my cousin with. It will be her very first vintage event. I'm starting to get excited!

And in case you didn't check it out- the main Queen Mary page now has listed two seminars of interest- one hair and makeup workshop at 10:00, and a fashion show at 1:00. Fun fun!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Wish I could come, but am getting married that day in SF. Even though it's not the QM, I am wearing a vintage wedding dress, ff stocking and using vintage lace in my veil, so I'll think of it as my own personsal QM experience.

But next year, I'm so there! Perfect anniversary present!

Snookie

Practically Family
Miss Dottie, congratulations! Have a fabulous day.

My husband and I are attending the Friday night dinner, but not staying on the boat. A couple of us want to come back on Saturday for the Powder Room activities, but we need to find out how to get back on the boat for free, because that admission fee is a little too steep for us.

Do you know if the Hair and Makeup Seminar will be demos and talks, or more hands-on? Should we all bring anything in particular?

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
My boyfriend and I will be coming to the Friday night dinner, but like Snookie, will not be staying on the boat. I, too, am interested in coming back for the Saturday workshops but wonder about the admittance price for the Queen Mary.

olive bleu

One Too Many
well, since i just found out about it last week... i don't think i could cough up that kind of cash overnight!

That sounds like a blast though. In fact I have a special savings account that i opened to save for a trip to Scotland. this has now been renamed "the Queen Mary fund":D

When i mentioned it to my husband, he said, that is right up your alley, you need to go. When I do(hopefully next year( I will be staying on board for the whole thing. If i am going to travel that far, I want to soak up as much as possible.

I wish all of you that are going , a fab time. I will be definitely be thinking of you!:)

Trickeration

Practically Family
Snookie said:
Miss Dottie, congratulations! Have a fabulous day.

My husband and I are attending the Friday night dinner, but not staying on the boat. A couple of us want to come back on Saturday for the Powder Room activities, but we need to find out how to get back on the boat for free, because that admission fee is a little too steep for us.

Do you know if the Hair and Makeup Seminar will be demos and talks, or more hands-on? Should we all bring anything in particular?

I'm going. My husband and I will stay on board ship Friday night. Even though we live in Long Beach, we thought a night alone would be nice since he's only home about once a month. (Boy is nice to have kids old enough to fend for themselves overnight!)

According to the girl at the reservation desk, we shouldn't have to worry about admission fees for going back on Saturday. She said to just let them know out front that we're attending seminars on the ship, coming for dinner, etc...

Ms. Parriss

New in Town
Lauren said:
Our Queen Mary thread is getting so long, that I'm wondering... who of you all are coming to the event this year? I'll be there, and I'm bringing my cousin with. It will be her very first vintage event. I'm starting to get excited!

And in case you didn't check it out- the main Queen Mary page now has listed two seminars of interest- one hair and makeup workshop at 10:00, and a fashion show at 1:00. Fun fun!
thats awesome, it'll be my first vintage event too. im sooo excited. I cant wait to meet everyone.;)

Ms. Parriss

New in Town
Snookie said:
...we need to find out how to get back on the boat for free, because that admission fee is a little too steep for us.

hi snookie, that worked for Mr. Sable last year and there wasn't even an event happening. I'll see everyone Friday and Saturday. ;)

Snookie

Practically Family
That's great news, Trickeration. I wasn't sure if going to a seminar was a good enough reason to get on the boat, but I guess I can say that in combo with eating. I'm glad you got that info straight from the Queen Mary people.

Thanks!

P

Phaedra

I will be there with my darling, Maintcoder. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Dottie said:
Wish I could come, but am getting married that day in SF. Even though it's not the QM, I am wearing a vintage wedding dress, ff stocking and using vintage lace in my veil, so I'll think of it as my own personsal QM experience.

But next year, I'm so there! Perfect anniversary present!
Congratulations!!
Have a wonderful day, and make sure to post pictures when you finally have a free chance after all of the festivities.

I will be at the QM. I'm arriving Thursday night, and am getting really excited. A little stressed about packing since I just got home a few hours ago from an 11 day tour of Rome and Venice, and haven't even begun to unpack yet from that adventure. I'm utterly exhausted, and am hoping that tomorrow will be enough time to get everything together before I get back on a plane.
Looking forward to seeing all of you again, and meeting some for the first time. I can't believe a year has gone by since the last QM event. Wow, time goes by so fast....
See you all soon:)

decodoll

Practically Family
I'll be there (in my recent pretty much space case form...too many projects lately :rolleyes: ) with The Diva Pinup! We are quite excited. I'm not at all as prepared as I intended to be, and most everything I'll be wearing is just going to be pulled from my closet instead of all the special things I intended to make, but I'll be there none the less!

P.S. Jitterbugdoll....I'll bring that dress for you to try on that I never got around to sending.... :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran