Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What men think of women's hairdo's

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I saw a post recently where a gent said he doesn't usually "notice" women's hairstyles. :eek:
So, for those who DO, what do you like and dislike?
I mean, I have to wonder what the men were thinking in the 60's while their wives and girlfriends were sporting the beehives and flips.
Do you like short hair? Do you like styles that "don't move", caked with hairspray? Curly hair, straight hair? Updo's?
Favorite haircolor? Do blondes really have more fun?
Jus' wonderin!
My husband has a thing for stacked bobs. I'm not ready to cut mine that short for quite some time!
Nikki

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Its not the hair, but the confidence and attitude of the woman under it. I don't care if a woman is bald or wearing a green beehive or whatever ... if she knows she's beautiful, then I'm believing it. ;) Granted, one can't confuse confidence with utter egotism ... the latter's a complete turn off.

Richard

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have always been partial to redheads with long flowing curls. I would follow them anywhere.

All other hair colors and styles depend on the individual. I do notice when someone has healthy hair. I do think it's really gross when a woman has brittle over-bleached hair that feels like straw. That is very unattractive.

The girl I am seeing now has natural flowing brown hair with gold highlights and it's very pretty with her nearly golden eyes. I've never seen her wear it any other way.

Edward

Bartender
I'm a sucker for the Bettie Page look, ditto a lot of thirties and forties styles as well. Typically i would prefer longer in the length, though really it's all about what suits the individual. Same with colour, though I do have a dreadful weakness for a redhead, especially when it's coupled with skin so pale you can nearly see through her. Oh, my!

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
I generally like longer hair however I have dated women that had really short hair and I couldn't imagine them wearing it any other way because it suited them so well.

I'm with the guys that like the redheads - I married one! Her hair and her eyes... I can get lost.

I also agree with LocktownDog; attitude is a big part of it.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
By the way I'm a redhead lol lol lol lol !!!!! I always thought that men hate redhead girls!!!lol lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So thanks gentlemen for thinking that redhead girls are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ditto! I thought the blondes would be winning hands down!:p
Nikki
pennycarrol said:
By the way I'm a redhead lol lol lol lol !!!!! I always thought that men hate redhead girls!!!lol lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So thanks gentlemen for thinking that redhead girls are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

dnjan

One Too Many
Not too sensitive about the hair-do itself, however the thing that puts me off is when a woman's (or man's, for that matter) hair hangs down over one eye, and they end up tilting their head sideways to be able to see better.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
My man thinks red hair on a lady(more specifically me!) makes one look mysterious and in his words "hot"! I before I met my future husband I went through life thinking guys did'nt like red heads!Boy was I wrong!

Samantha

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I'm going to get in trouble here...

I love the hairstyles of the Golden Era, and wish more women would wear them, but as much work is involved, we won't ever see them again. Still, there's got to be something in-between.

I can't stand the current look (well, for most of this decade, I think) of long, straight hair. It's such a boring look, and has no life to it. I like waviness, curls, something that looks like someone put some thought into it. I realize women probably like it just because there is little work involved, but it projects no character. Heck, even in the "Big Hair" Eighties, hairdos had more character!

One style that is even worse is the one where it looks jagged, like they just grabbed scissors and started chopping every which way. I'm sure they paid a lot of money for that cut, too!

Modern hair styles - yuck
Older hair styles - fantastic and feminine!

Brad

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I am trying to grow my hair longer too. I might try vitamins. I was a red head for a very short time but I ended up with about two inches of hair. Most men I know really like the long hair but I don't know if I will ever be able to get my long enough. It's good to know what the men think though.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Brad I was wondering how men felt about the straight look! And actually, women DO spend a lot of time trying to get it as straight as possible! They rake that flat iron through it over and over. I have many clients now with split, fried ends from over-use. So, they're still putting time into it, just a different look.
As a stylist I like many different looks. But I would think from a man's point of view, that wavy/curls would be more enticing.
Nikki
Brad Bowers said:
I love the hairstyles of the Golden Era, and wish more women would wear them, but as much work is involved, we won't ever see them again. Still, there's got to be something in-between.

I can't stand the current look (well, for most of this decade, I think) of long, straight hair. It's such a boring look, and has no life to it. I like waviness, curls, something that looks like someone put some thought into it. I realize women probably like it just because there is little work involved, but it projects no character. Heck, even in the "Big Hair" Eighties, hairdos had more character!

One style that is even worse is the one where it looks jagged, like they just grabbed scissors and started chopping every which way. I'm sure they paid a lot of money for that cut, too!

Modern hair styles - yuck
Older hair styles - fantastic and feminine!

Brad

CharlesB

Suspended
Love redheads but im dating a girl thats italian. I also prefer hair sorta longer. Short hair rarely does it for me but it can be cute. That being said if a girl gets her hair cut and you notice it ALWAYS make a postiive note of it when you see it. Could just make her day or yours

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
I should let my sister know. She had blonde hair....colored it to red....and then went back to blonde. I really liked her hair better as a red head, but she thought more guys liked blondes. Red hair suits her best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace