Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What men think of women's hairdo's

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I'm fascinated by vintage female hair styles. Whenever I see a photo of someone with one, it's just amazing that women were able to do such hairdos every day and still can. They're like a work of art.

ClaraB said:
Interesting thread, never knew men were so fond of red heads....perhaps its just my red hair they aren't fond of!!! lol
That's 'cause you're surrounded by idiots, dear young lady...;) Believe me, you have no shortage of fans here.

Come on, guys, don't make a liar out of me...

Well, I can at least guarantee you've got one guy who'd like to give you the adoration you deserve...;)

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It really depends on the individual. Generally, I prefer longer hair and generally, I don't like womens' hair in really tight curls. That said, I have seen some ladies with shorter hair who looked gorgeous to me and even a couple with curly hair who I also thought very attractive.

What I think is stunningly sexy is when a woman with long hair has it piled up to expose her neck, as was often seen in Victorian or Edwardian times and at times on formal occasions these days. It's more an evening dress look nowadays but it really gets my attention. It's proabbly due as much to the sensual lines of the feminine neck as it is to the upswept hair, though!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
ClaraB said:
Interesting thread, never knew men were so fond of red heads....perhaps its just my red hair they aren't fond of!!! lol

Most men (I've met) say they don't care what color a woman's hair is. Some may actually prefer a blonde, a brunette, or a redhead, but a lot of them like all kinds. Same for height, weight, bust size, waxed/unwaxed, I think they can like whatever is likable.

Miss Brill said:
Most men (I've met) say they don't care what color a woman's hair is. Some may actually prefer a blonde, a brunette, or a redhead, but a lot of them like all kinds. Same for height, weight, bust size, waxed/unwaxed, I think they can like whatever is likable.
I like to think that the more intelligent of us men think more about the contents of the "package" than the "wrapper"... so "inner beauty" definitely plays a major, sometimes decisive, role.;)

pgoat

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:
Its not the hair, but the confidence and attitude of the woman under it. I don't care if a woman is bald or wearing a green beehive or whatever ... if she knows she's beautiful, then I'm believing it. ;) Granted, one can't confuse confidence with utter egotism ... the latter's a complete turn off.

Richard

well said, and also it depends on the facial shape and complexion, etc etc. Some styles suit a particular person better than others, but most women can pull most things off with the right attitude.

pgoat

One Too Many
RetroBabydoll said:
:eek:fftopic:
You have a point there. I just want to know why we're supposed to look natural, but most guys eyes wonder towards women with more makeup. My boyfriend likes natural girls yet all of his ex's and interests had caked on makeup. Hmmm.

Here's one theory: I dated exactly one girl who wore makeup. One kiss (well, may be a couple, anyway) was all it took to convince me I don't like it....i prefer the taste of skin to estee lauder....yecch!*yucky*

I think some guys might like the look of makeup as a change of pace if nothing else, but maybe prefer a more natural look in their significant other...

Then again, what the hell do i know?:p

pgoat

One Too Many
Paisley said:
Some men don't know what "natural" looks like.

I sure do - it looks like my wife!:) (NO makeup, period)

But I don't envy you gals....it's enough of a p.i.t.a. getting 'put together' as a man.....I can't imagine dealing with all the options and demands placed on y'all.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ok, Ok, I know ya'll think "The whole package, inner beauty, yadda-yadda"... and that's true.

But guys, we really wanna hear the truth. I mean, styles such a the Farrah Fawcet wings, beehives, spikey hair, ect.... do you find it outrageous, funny looking, ect? Not on a particular person, just in general.

My SIL brought me a Sears cat. from 1990, (ahem, year I graduated!) And the women were sporting the mushroom cut. Now it was all the rage then and I loved it, but looking back at these pics was halarious!!

I'm glad we have one vote for up swept hair!
Nikki

Josephine

One Too Many
pgoat said:
One kiss (well, may be a couple, anyway) was all it took to convince me I don't like it....i prefer the taste of skin to estee lauder....yecch!

My husband is reluctant to kiss me when I wear lipstick, all four times out of the year that I do. :D I wear makeup rarely, and he always looks at me funny when I do. It's not me, he says.

To keep it on topic, I asked the Husband if he ever noticed a woman's hair style. He asked if she was naked. @@ Of course, that could have been the martini he was drinking talking. I asked if he preferred any one hair style/color/etc over another and he said he didn't but he liked my hair long (I used to have it to my waist until I cut it into a long midi) but he also likes it now. I asked him about color and he said he had never really thought about it (I, who have thought about it, don't care for blonds); then I asked if he liked my natural color (an ash brown with a very very liberal dose of grey) or my red, and he said he liked the red. More data for the study :D

pgoat

One Too Many
ohairas said:
My SIL brought me a Sears cat. from 1990, (ahem, year I graduated!) And the women were sporting the mushroom cut. Now it was all the rage then and I loved it, but looking back at these pics was halarious!!

Nikki

One thing that is not so attractive or indicative of confidence (and this goes for guys as well imo) is jumping on the latest bandwagon.

I remember working as a teacher in the mid 90s with lots of women and when that Jennifer Aniston/Courtney Cox 'Friends' 'do was real big practically EVERYone at the school sported it. It actually looked very sexy on many of them but kinda godawful on others. But that was besides the point for me - I just kinda found it a little boring to see everyone simply following the leader.

panamag8or

Practically Family
ohairas said:
But guys, we really wanna hear the truth. I mean, styles such a the Farrah Fawcet wings, beehives, spikey hair, ect.... do you find it outrageous, funny looking, ect? Not on a particular person, just in general.
Nikki

Well, not much can beat a good set of victory curls, in my book.

Mark from Plano

One of the Regulars
Diamondback said:
I like to think that the more intelligent of us men think more about the contents of the "package" than the "wrapper"... so "inner beauty" definitely plays a major, sometimes decisive, role.;)

Agreed. On the other hand, the packaging can be pretty nice too!;)

Sorry...did I say that out loud?:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw