Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What men think of women's hairdo's

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Redhead:
Ann.jpg

Dark:
Marisa.jpg

or
Marisa2.jpg

:D i'm picky

Chas

One Too Many
One old codger I knew used to say..."you honk at the brunettes, wave at the blondes but back up a mile for the redhead". For me, that pretty much sums it up.

I love Marcel waves. I'm a (mainly) 1930's cat; they're really not that difficult (with a Marcel Iron), but for some reason haven't seen too many. One girl (the one that got away) nailed it. Otherwise, it's no big deal. All those pincurls and up-dos are tough, and take a lot of effort. I suppose the next girl who does a serious hairstyle to impress me will be my next ex. Or, my next best girl. Or best yet, my next missus. It's not the hairstyle, it's what's behind the effort that went into it for me.

Rolls are nice. And not too tough to do.
ddawn.jpg

And my favorite. Marcels. Not my favorite actress, but she looks nice here.
Annex%20-%20Astor,%20Mary_01.jpg

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
The Shirt said:
Us brunettes miss out on everything don't we! (growing hair longer as we speak).

Au contraire, mon cherie! In descending order: Medium brown, all other shades of brown, black, red, and blonde. I've always been more attracted to brunettes than any other hair color. And it's only within the last few years that red heads have surpassed blondes. Long hair of any color, straight or wavy, thick or fine, of course, will melt me. ;)

What I don't like: That oily, stringy, unkempt post-apocalyptic look, and those parts that look like a map of the Grand Canyon. Please buy a rat-tail comb! PLEASE? :rolleyes:

Lee

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
MrNewportCustom said:
In descending order: Medium brown, all other shades of brown, black, red, and blonde. I've always been more attracted to brunettes than any other hair color. And it's only within the last few years that red heads have surpassed blondes. Long hair of any color, straight or wavy, thick or fine, of course, will melt me. ;)
Lee

boy you said it...melt!

catsmeow

One of the Regulars
MrNewportCustom said:
What I don't like: That oily, stringy, unkempt post-apocalyptic look, and those parts that look like a map of the Grand Canyon. Please buy a rat-tail comb! PLEASE? :rolleyes: Lee
Can we see an example of this? Especially the Grand Canyon look;)

Let's hear it for the RAVEN HAIRED LADIES!!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I like redheads

On the redhead question, I've always liked redheads (and blondes and brunettes!), but mostly dated blondes. I'd always wanted to date a redhead, and finally got the chance ten years ago. I ended up marrying her.:)

Brad

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I'd like to add . . .

RetroBabydoll said:
:eek:fftopic:
You have a point there. I just want to know why we're supposed to look natural, but most guys eyes wonder towards women with more makeup. My boyfriend likes natural girls yet all of his ex's and interests had caked on makeup. Hmmm.

I never dated women with caked-on make-up, I only photographed them. . . . Caked-on professionally, that is. lol

Catsmeow. I haven't actually seen these styles in a while, so apparently they've gone the "so last season" route. And none too soon, in my opinion. :D

Lee

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Lee do you mean the zig-zag parts that were in vogue? hehe...

Lolita I think your new cut looks fab by the way, and you look fab as a blonde or brunette. You could be bald and be a doll, so you're covered!

I think most women *think* that most men prefer blondes, as they all want to be one. The majority of my clients anyway. Seems many are afraid of red.
Nikki
MrNewportCustom said:
[
What I don't like: That oily, stringy, unkempt post-apocalyptic look, and those parts that look like a map of the Grand Canyon. Please buy a rat-tail comb! PLEASE? :rolleyes:
Lee

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well my hair isnt straight, wavy, red, brunette, blonde, or long. Its black, short and tightly twisty, and I LOVE It! I do wear it in a vintage style nearly every day, and I get tons of compliments.

:)

LD

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Why thank you Lee! I've been playing around with it for a business card. Normally I think it'd be hoakie to have my pic on my card, but with the retro do I'm hoping to drum up more business.
Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
And it suits you to a T! You have some of the most awesome textured hair around!
On that note, I think hairdo's like that make me think the person is FUN. Do guys get that feeling?
Nikki
Lady Day said:
Well my hair isnt straight, wavy, red, brunette, blonde, or long. Its black, short and tightly twisty, and I LOVE It! I do wear it in a vintage style nearly every day, and I get tons of compliments.

:)

LD

Chas

One Too Many
Of course, I thought the thread was about what men liked. I like a lot of things, but that doesn't mean that I get to see these things a lot, at least in real life and not on an old movie screen. I guess I have as much a tendency to fetishize as much as the next guy. I would take a bald woman out if I was sure that she wasn't going to jerk my chain or lie to me like some have done.

I have given up on getting what I would like, and have learned to accept when life throws me the odd bone. It's rare at best for me to see a woman done up all nice like they did back in the day.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My husband

objects every time I try a do that stands up a bit! He likes me in a Marcel with a big Spanish comb in the back. Or my typical down do, as long as it is flat on the top...
Thank god he likes the taste of lipstick, or we would never have gotten to second base!
He also likes my "multicolored" (read - going gray) hair!
He's a keeper.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
My sister has superthick shoulder lengh hair. Her husband likes it best in it's near natural state which is ringlet curls. But I think that is mostly because he hates the smell of styling product along with the curling or straighting iron.

I wear my hair in it's natural state from time to time and get lots of complements but It's to hard to make it look vintage and it doesn't always cooperate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace