Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What movies do you simply never delete from your DVR?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I know most of us check out which movies are going to play within the next few days, trying to catch favorites, or ones we have heard of but not seen. I have 60 hours worth of space available, so I keep that in mind as I schedule, and delete as needed to make room for upcoming entries.

But I have favorites that I keep, even though I may also have them in DVD, just because sometimes during the day I'll have five spare minutes. I don't feel like going through my DVD collection and picking something for just five minutes, so there are some old favorites that I keep for just such an occasion. Or maybe as it gets close to bed time and I just want to watch "an old friend" as I wind down before closing down for the night. Do any of you do that?

Sometimes I'll even turn the sound off and watch the fedoras, old cars, old buildings, silently enjoying an era gone by. So I keep some old treasured movies for just such a time as this.

Among those kept for this:

All Through the Night (Bogart)
The Big Sleep
Last Man Standing (yes, I know, it's a modern movie, but it's a period piece with cool fedoras, cars, etc and constant action)

Any of you have some that you never, ever delete?

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Several Laurel and Hardy shorts, since they are in HD.
I understand not wanting to sort through DVD's for a particular movie or show.
Sometimes it's easier to find the same movie or show on Netflix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner