Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What panama is this?

vespasian

One of the Regulars
panama.jpg
Came across this pic on the net and wondered what kind of Panama this is, it would probably suit me. Any ideas?

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
I'm not sure if the picture is intentionally fuzzy or not. You can't really see the weave pattern to know if it is a really bleached out Montecristi or a Cuenca. Both are woven in the llano weave. The best bet is to look at the underside of the hat and see the vueltas.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Cuenca model.

That hat is Cuenca. It is not a fine Montecristi Panama hat. Panamabob puts these hats on Ebay all the time. I just looked and he has 9 up for auction right now under.

Genuine Authentic Ecuadorian Panama Hat Cuencano Style.

At a lot better price than that web site. :)
I thought I would mention that the intentional misspelling is a way to make people think it is what it isn't.

Monte ChristI.
If you are going to sell it know how to spell it!

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi to all,
I really think that Panamabob could give you a very better hat than that!!
You have to buy a good Montecristi or...nothing!
Regards.
Riccardo.

stylinfedoras

New in Town
I got caught up in this Panama Hat thing 15 years ago and I am not so sure that a tight weave makes all that much difference. I wear staws during much of the summer and like them much more than the expensive Pamama I bought back at that time.

First Panamas tend to be a bit floppy unless they have been sprayed with a stiffener. Mine was always blowing out of shape while my staws never do. Even the slightest gust was something to contend with.

I get just as many compliments with my staws as I ever got with my Panama and then only from the few who knew what a Panama actually was.

It's not that I don't like Panamas only that I think ones money is better spent on a vintage straw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart