Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What pens are we carrying today?

Doublegun

Practically Family
I have a Sheaffer Lifetime Balance that I like to carry. Unfortunately, it's a "wet" writer. I am using Private Reserve, which is really wet, and I have also used Parker Quink, which is also wet but not as bad as Private Reserve. Can anyone recommend a rich blue ink that might be a little less wet? Note, the type of paper matters not. The nib just lays down a lot of ink.

Thanks,

JDG

I have a Sheaffer Lifetime Balance that I like to carry. Unfortunately, it's a "wet" writer. I am using Private Reserve, which is really wet, and I have also used Parker Quink, which is also wet but not as bad as Private Reserve. Can anyone recommend a rich blue ink that might be a little less wet? Note, the type of paper matters not. The nib just lays down a lot of ink.

Thanks,

JDG

If you have a pen shop with a reair guy, your best bet is to have him adjust the nib to feed, this is what tends to regulate how wet or dry a nib is.

bulldog1935

Suspended
I like Japanese pocket pens. Been through a few, Pilot, Sailor, but my favorites are Platinum. I've discovered Platinum are the only pens strong enough to carry in your pants pockets without cracks developing in the barrel. I also like the fine Japanese nibs. The pen I'm carrying now, my favorite, has a 22k nib.

jkingrph

Practically Family
I had been interested in the Parker Duofold Centenial and matching ballpoint in pearl and black and just received them yesterday from Fountain Pen Hospital. They had them on a pretty good sale. I like the very light bright pen as compared to most of my dark pens.

I like Japanese pocket pens. Been through a few, Pilot, Sailor, but my favorites are Platinum. I've discovered Platinum are the only pens strong enough to carry in your pants pockets without cracks developing in the barrel. I also like the fine Japanese nibs. The pen I'm carrying now, my favorite, has a 22k nib.

I also like Platinum, I have their Music nib pen, it is awesome. i have a Saior and some Pilot fountain pens too. They are all really well made. For me I find i have moved away from fine nibs to medium and broad as my favorites. I ffelt that fine nibs seemed to make y writing scratchy / spidery and that the M & B nibs feel smoother to me.

jkingrph

Practically Family
I also like Platinum, I have their Music nib pen, it is awesome. i have a Saior and some Pilot fountain pens too. They are all really well made. For me I find i have moved away from fine nibs to medium and broad as my favorites. I ffelt that fine nibs seemed to make y writing scratchy / spidery and that the M & B nibs feel smoother to me.

I agree about the Platinum Music nib. Not Japanese, but German, the Pelikan with a Italic Broad is very nice.

Steven180

One of the Regulars
Been using a recently acquired Clipper 295 and a new Bexley Summer Storm Corona - both absolutely stunning and exceptional writers.

M.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I would be carrying this one in my wallet, but its 40-year-old ink cartridge has gone dry. Anyone know where I can get a refill for Dad's old GI Skilcraft? I know it's NSN Part/No: 7510-00-543-6792 but I haven't yet figured out where a civilian can purchase them!

76E34067-EEDD-437B-8E30-EFE79C7E741F-1473-0000017EBAF339A1.jpg

Thanks!

Edward

Bartender
Pilot Vanishing Point, the same as this one:

20110408-_DSC0326.jpg

A Christmas present I have used most days since I got it. So convenient for the pocket!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto