Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What sort of flight jacket weather are you having these days..?

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Mike1973 said:
I imagine it's like setting off a distress flare at sea, as soon as you put it up Air Sea Rescue are alerted and all of a sudden you've got a Supermarine Walrus flying overhead...

Or, later in the war, a strafing BF-109...

Alan

Weather for the season

Here in the Southern California area the weather has finally cooled off a bit to be more in line with the season. We'll get into the high 60's to low 70's depending on the location. So a light jacket can be worn comfortably during the day and after sun down the temps move into the 50's so a bit heavier jacket can be worn if you're out and about. Predawn it was in the high 40's by me so a medium weight jacket is perfect.

I have a cloth A2 styled jacket from Sporty's pilot shop that I love for this weather.
If it gets a little cooler I may actually be able to wear my A2 replica from Blairs.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
freezing temperatures and 6 inches of snow on the ground. Currently wearing a B-10 and 1936 patt flying boots, soon be switching over to my new elc irvin once it arrives.

Edward

Bartender
I was just thinknig of this thread yesterday....

This last few weeks my Lost Worlds B3 has been getting a lot of wear - the AN6552 is definitely in the wardrobe until maybe February, it seems!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It very cold in the UK at present with snow in some parts. I have been wearing various Irvins, with my DGL Irvin getting most wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24