Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What sort of flight jacket weather are you having these days..?

Marv

A-List Customer
Just as I got my Irvin out the weather has become a bit milder so too warm for it at the mo.....just have to stick with my Star for the time being.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Weeell, just as I posted last time, a second heatwave came thru - most pleasant for live humans, not so for dead livestock.

Today, tho - 50s and dampish. I may get the Eastman out. (Did I mention I got an Eastman? Here's a piccy.)
1735491087_351aa6b804.jpg

Rough Wear 42-1401-P, pre-owned

John Lever

One Too Many
It was cold a damp here today in Southern England, so I wore my Lost Worlds B3. Mornings have been around freezing or slightly less down to about minus 3 deg. C

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Goodwear Doniger. It's so comfortable for driving in and is one of the most pleasurable A2s to wear, whether repro or original.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Could have done with an A-2...

An A-2 would be handy for New England right now and walking about Boston, but weight constraints have worked against me so it's the Burberry or a vintage overcoat. Sadly, no flight jackets with me at this end, but it would be A-2 weather...

Boris K

One of the Regulars

Southern Ohio is bouncing back and forth between A2 and barnstormer weather. Maybe snow at the end of the week, though :eusa_clap

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Heads up on an historic Irvin (supposedly)...

On the .co.uk version of a certain auction website, there is an Irvin which apparently served during the Battle of France (whether this is true remains to be seen, although the seller says that certification is available).

If true that's quite a little piece of history for sale.

Perhaps our biggest resident Irvin collector (Andrew) already has his eyes on it...

EDIT & APOLOGIES:

Oops I meant to post this in the Irvin thread. Can one of the bartenders delete?

(that'll teach me to type and drink red wine at the same time)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Doc that's not nearly good enough, we want pics as we still haven't seen this new beauty ;)

All worn in yet? Mine didn't take long at all.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Bumpity-bump-bump...

Northern Hemisphere winter currently so surely some flying jackets are getting a thrashing.

I'm not going to say what I'm living in as everyone already knows but what about you others?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy