Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What star's hairstyle do you think could suit me?

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
Here's a pic of me taken by Lee (aka MrNewportCustom) at the picnic last month.

Dahliaoleander.jpg

I was thinking Like Rita Hayworth in "Gilda",

udazzleme.jpg

Gene Tierney around "Laura", "Leave Her to Heaven" etc.

GeneTierney.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like Rita!

Does your hair take a curl well? It looks as if it will.
There's pretty good video tutorials out there on the Gilda look.
I do think that a bit of wave coming down into the forehead would be a good thing, your hairline is nice and high so you can carry it off, whereas our low-hairlined friends may have a hard time with that.

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
Miss 1929 said:
Does your hair take a curl well? It looks as if it will.
There's pretty good video tutorials out there on the Gilda look.
I do think that a bit of wave coming down into the forehead would be a good thing, your hairline is nice and high so you can carry it off, whereas our low-hairlined friends may have a hard time with that.

Would it go with my face shape? I think I'm oval but as you can see I am VERY CHEEKY! lol :p

Mojito

One Too Many
I'm useless at hair styling (thank goodness for bobs!), but your hair looks like it's a lovely texture, colour and condition - I'd show it off and go with Miss 1929's suggestion.

Lillemor

One Too Many
I'm no good at judging people's face shape. But if you don't like looking too cheeky, you may want to follow the rules for round face shape. My face is round but I don't always follow the rules for my face shape. Sometimes something you didn't expect to work does because it's very rare that anyone is a definite shape.

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
Lucky you you have an oval face so there are THOUSANDS of hair styles that will fit your face. Miss 1929 hit it spot on with what you should do. My only suggestion is to maybe take a little bit of length off to balance everything out. But lush wavy curls would suit you well. Good luck!

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I think bangs and a shoulder-length hairstyle would suit you better. You have a high forehead and bangs would give your face a more oval proportion. A shoulder-length style would fit your youthful character better than the femme fatale look.

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
Which Salon?

I'm thinking of either going to get my hair and make up done at Frenchy's or Ankh salon on Sun. Who should I ask for? Which one is better?

Any experiences?

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I second the motion

on having bangs! They will look great on you, and help balance the cheekiness a bit.

And if they are fairly light, not a big heavy chunk of your hair, you can always plaster them back into the rest of the hair for those times when you want to be bangless. Is that a word?

Check out the thread on vintage bangs for lots and lots of pictures (but you have to go to the third page for the 30s ones):

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=30279

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
Actually I do have bangs. I used to have Bettie Bangs, but now theyre down to my mouth, so they've grown out. And I was wondering what else I couild try.

Edit: I'm trying to grow them out. Seeing as they're almost there. They hit at my lower lip/chin. And my hair is shoulder/mid-back length. Would they pose any problem in those two hairstyles?

What sorts of bangs besides the ones posted in the link, would be good. For future reference.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I agree with Miss 1929--light bangs would look better and be more versatile. I had heavy bangs as a little kid. There isn't much you can do with them, is there? But with light bangs and a layered cut, you could do 40s styles or a more modern look, you could wear bangs on your face or swept back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot