Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What style is this sport coat from LA Noire?

JimWagner

Practically Family
Is there a name for the type of sport coat that the detective on the right below is wearing? There are a number of similar multi-colored and paneled sport coats that show up in this game. Some look like multi-colored half Norfolks to me but I haven't been able to google any examples.

[video=youtube;N2-m23Kl464]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2-m23Kl464[/video]

JimWagner

Practically Family
Hmm. All the loafer or leisure jackets I've been able to find online are really light weight, unstructured jackets. More like shirt jackets.

The type I'm trying to find is more like a sport coat in construction, but with contrasting sleeves and/or panels. Of course, it's not easy to tell from a game animation what that is.

I've seen the types of sport coats I'm looking for in some old movies from the late 40's and early 50's. They're sort of like western sport coats but not so much scalloped patterns.

Feraud

Bartender
They were referred to as leisure coats. Maybe "Hollywood" jackets too?..
Don't expect to find something similar through typical retail outfits.
Hemingway Jones had one made by ReVamp vintage.
http://www.revampvintage.com/mm5/me...amp&Product_Code=MJ-931441M&Category_Code=MJL
GrantJacket.jpg

Gene

Practically Family
I recently lost a great jacket in that exact style on eBay that went for $150+. Green and off-white contrasting lapels, sleeves...ohhh the humanity!

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Not quite a hollywood jacket....look again! While the guy in the gray two tone is wearing a classic Eton Hall style Hollywood jacket, the guy in he two tone brown is actually wearing a two tone sports coat. I've only seen 1 vintage example (Marc Chevalier had it, and posted a picture of it years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW