Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What style of trousers?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Not being an expert on such matter I thought I'd confer with those in the know. What style of trousers are these? They look similar to the ones that was with his Bold Suit but not as long and baggy. I guess they may be new but they could also be vintage. Are they a European style maybe? My guess is that they are new manufacture on the lines of an older European style. Any ideas my friends?

potc2515.jpg

potc2562.jpg

potc2542.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
The style of the trousers is mid to late 1950s: after the Bold Look, but before the tubular, skinny-legged look of the early '60s. Jackets made in this time had narrower lapels, but not as narrow as those of, say, 1964. Think Georgio Armani, circa 1986.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
The style of the trousers is mid to late 1950s: after the Bold Look, but before the tubular, skinny-legged look of the early '60s. Jackets made in this time had narrower lapels, but not as narrow as those of, say, 1964. Think Georgio Armani, circa 1986.

Ah, I see. Thanks Marc. So I presume this style could be fairly easy to find?

Cheers!

Dan

Salv

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
They seem way too pegged at the cuff to be early '50s. Also, they'd almost certainly not have a flat front. We can meet at the mid, though. :)

(British trousers may have been different on these points. When were the Teddy Boys around?)

Teds first appeared in the early 50s, and Johnny's trousers do resemble early Ted style - a bit too long though. Note these chaps in the background:
TG9.jpg

Original Teds looked nothing like the cartoon Teds you see nowadays in their drapes and brothel creepers. Check these smooth geezers:
TG12.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
herringbonekid said:
we really need to have a word in Johnny's ear about those wristbands and doc martin boots.

I'd have to agree, the Doc Martin's are great for all day on your feet, but they don't dress up very well. Oh well, could be worse, he could have worn flip flops. So the Doc's aren't that bad.
Now that bandana on the wrist was 80's stoner thing, not too sure about it though because it covers up a few other items (and I guess it could make a handy sweat wiper if one is prone to too much moisture), but some of the bracelets he wears are made by his daughter, like the brightly colored hearts number. Can't fault a father for loving his children and wearing what they make for him.:)

potc2560.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo