Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What this forum needs is a gallery

Goose.

Practically Family
Miss Neecerie said:
and eventually paying for the space when the amount of hits, exceeds what a -free- site allows.....or even what any one person's private domain allows...

The number of hits and bandwidth would be more then what comes standard in hosting packages and would -quickly- become a monetary burden on the kind soul trying to host it.
I have unlimited storage, access/hits, and bandwidth...but don't tell anyone, it's a secret ;)
But I wanted to offer a Plan "B" (or "Z") if we can't figure something else out.

billyspew

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
and eventually paying for the space when the amount of hits, exceeds what a -free- site allows.....or even what any one person's private domain allows...

The number of hits and bandwidth would be more then what comes standard in hosting packages and would -quickly- become a monetary burden on the kind soul trying to host it.

On flickr you add your own pics. For free you get a lot of space - but can only upload a certain amount a month.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
On flickr you add your own pics. For free you get a lot of space - but can only upload a certain amount a month.

From the Yahoo TOS

"the maximum disk space that will be allotted on Yahoo!'s servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Yahoo! Services in a given period of time."

and you would have to be joking if you thought that 8k of gentlemen looking at hats....is -not- going to trigger their 'you are using too much' filters....

Please note: this is not my being negative about the -idea- itself...just about the reality of 'free' sites being used for something of this magnitude

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
so far all the hat talk is about MEN's hats...

Uh, what about us ladies?? The ladies HATS could be listed in a gallery by decade; ie. 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s for example and then sub-listed by type of hat- such as tilt hat, topper, etc.

As HPGene said on an earlier post- and I especially see this in LADIES hats, they are genuinely OOAK works of art from a bygone era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR