Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to wear to the New Years Party?

Machine Ager

Familiar Face
I thought this might be fun.

This year my wife and I are going as we like to do to New Years in Las Vegas.

So I will wear my Tux with a Blue Vest, Blue Bow Tie, and I found a Top Hat.

Now I need to pick a scarf appropriate... So far I can only find a cream colored scarf at Jos A Banks and curiously old navy.

I wanted white but outta time

From my research cream color should be acceptable

Thoughts?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
The cream scarf I like, but the blue tie and vest... not the biggest fan. It can work, but I think classic black tie looks sharper.

Machine Ager

Familiar Face
Thanks yeps I think I'll go with the Cream Scarf

I know what you mean about the blue but it is a very classy style.. wish I had a pic to show it is like the gambler red marble but in very dark blue so there is not as much contrast.

Machine Ager

Familiar Face
Hi Bugsy

Sounds good!

I have decided to go ahead and sport the Egyptian Griffon/Falcon headed "silver and black" walking stick for some more class.

I found this walking stick in a trip to new orleans in a cool shop called the brass monkey where they had many antique English silver walking sticks.

Even considering some white gloves BUT not sure about that :)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Hi Bugsy

Sounds good!

I have decided to go ahead and sport the Egyptian Griffon/Falcon headed "silver and black" walking stick for some more class.

I found this walking stick in a trip to new orleans in a cool shop called the brass monkey where they had many antique English silver walking sticks.

Even considering some white gloves BUT not sure about that :)

Brass monkey is a cool shop, I stopped by there over the summer when I was in town.

Top hat, walking stick, scarf... definitely wear the gloves. Really completes the look.

Machine Ager

Familiar Face
Here is a pic of the cool cane I got at the Brass Monkey in NOLA... I really like it I think it is a Falcon head but could be an Eagle......

Falcon.jpg

kyboots

Practically Family
Well you guys sure sound pretty! I will be in jeans, pair of boots, and UofL shirt. I am on call that night, but what's more important the annual BB game between the University of Louisville and the University of Kentucky will be held at the new KFC Yum Center in Louisville on New Year's Eve. Around here time will stand still for the game. GO CARDS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart